15 replies to this topic

#1 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:13 PM

Fellows,

Edna & I've not done very much off-roading heretofore, but many of the trip reports have whet our palettes.

How feasible would it be to plan a rendezvous at a given jumping-off point with some of you more experienced folks?

#2 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:25 PM

Fellows,

Edna & I've not done very much off-roading heretofore, but many of the trip reports have whet our palettes.

How feasible would it be to plan a rendezvous at a given jumping-off point with some of you more experienced folks?

What part of the west are you in and where did you have in mind?
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#3 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:17 PM

We're in Houston, Brett.

We're thinking about Big Bend NP, the Baja Peninsula, OR, WA CO, MT, and Yellowstone, to name a few, plus we'd be open to any other places that would take us around a week to ten days to circuit.

We have a pretty stock 1998 F150 4X4.

#4 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:08 AM

We haven't been able to set aside any dates yet, but we plan to do some weekend trips in CO and at least one 5-day trip to southeast UT. SE UT is a great place to learn 4wd as we can always find trails for all abilities with great camping. The remoteness is fantastic too. We will probably go there in late October as the weather cools and the visitors become less (peak is late sept into mid-oct for fall visitors). In fact, once I have a date, I was going to announce it in case others wanted to join up. Usually, we we check the weather forecast a few days before leaving, then pick an area to explore. I was going to propose Grand Staircase Escalante, but let's play it by ear and see who else is interested. I am running stock right now also and don't have the experience a big vehicle and with the camper on, so my plan is to stick to trails I know are fun and slightly challenging, but not likely to cause any problems. Could be fun to have a group trip.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#5 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

You guys are making me jealous. I'm having back surgery in Sept. It doesnt look like I'll be doing much for a few months after that. Oh well I do have the DirecTV football package.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#6 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:54 PM

You guys are making me jealous. I'm having back surgery in Sept. It doesnt look like I'll be doing much for a few months after that. Oh well I do have the DirecTV football package.

Good luck with that. We'll have a beer in your honor.
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

#7 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:58 PM

Good luck with that. We'll have a beer in your honor.

And not only that, but I am also holding you in my prayers...

#8 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:56 PM

Thanks Mark I can use all the help I can get.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#9 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

Jay,
You are in my prayers and thoughts as well. Soldier on!
Brian

#10 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

TY brother Brian,
I got to tell you that the level of concern and care on this site renews my faith in human nature.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users