• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

i have a 1964 10ft nco. i've been thinking about making an extra bunk that goes across the front end at the top of the seat backs.if not for sleeping,maybe for storage(my wife packs alot of stuff). any ideas?

wes

#2 bob welsh

bob welsh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:39 AM

i have a 1964 10ft nco. i've been thinking about making an extra bunk that goes across the front end at the top of the seat backs.if not for sleeping,maybe for storage(my wife packs alot of stuff). any ideas?

wes

maybe surplus army stretchers

#3 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Just a thought.

http://www.blazinbel...CFSVpgwode2P6tA

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#4 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:12 AM

thanks for both suggestions.i'm cheap ,so i'll look into army cot at surplus store.i'm still toying with idea with some stuff i have laying around the shop. i'm also thinking of making an awning out of recycled rv awning material or even tarp.

wes

#5 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

Awning.
http://www.wanderthe...__fromsearch__1

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#6 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

thanks for the great pics of awning. that looks do-able.
wes

#7 CaptDan

CaptDan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLeClaire, Iowa

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:00 AM

I bought a 8 foot NCO last year with a odd floor plan and they added a bunk like you want. I took it down when I got it home and just now looked at the parts in my shed. I'll try and explain. Looks like the piece that goes in the front is a 6" by full 1" x 78 3/4" board with a piece of 1/4" plywood fastened to it with a hinge. The plywood is only about 2 foot by 4 foot(I now remember it had a ugly mattress on it). Not sure why it was that small and will pull the parts out and take pictures soon.

There are also some other boards full 1" that are painted to match that you would put under plywood. The purpose of the hinge is so when you have the top up you can fold the bunk up against the front wall for more room sitting I suppose.

It was in place when I brought it home and I took it out and have done nothing with camper or extra bunk. The guy I bought it from used the extra bunk (with kids?). He got camper from his father and owned it 15-20 years between them. I'll try and get pictures of bunk and then take it to camper and put in place to show everyone. Dan

#8 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

thanks, i'd like to see pics. if you have trouble loading them here, you can send to my e-mail. cty87300@centurytel.net. i brought a nice shelf home from my work that is white painted 1/4 inch rod in 3"grids about 15"x70" overall with nice wood trim around it.it may work. if so, i will post pics. if not,we'll try something else.i found an awning at a fella's place that restores rv's. it's on an old tent trailer and is contained in a hanging pouch.he's undecided if he wants to part with it though.

wes

#9 CaptDan

CaptDan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLeClaire, Iowa

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

I still haven't figured out how to make my pictures smaller. I sent them directly to Wes and will try to get them on here. Still need to get pictures with it in Alaskan. dc

#10 RJones

RJones

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMtns of Colorado

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Try this tool.

My link

I still haven't figured out how to make my pictures smaller. I sent them directly to Wes and will try to get them on here. Still need to get pictures with it in Alaskan. dc

RJones

02 Eagle - 07 Tacoma TRD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users