3 replies to this topic

#1 Brewskier

Brewskier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

I know this has probably been discussed before, but I was looking for recommendations based on my circumstances.

The only "must" at this point is that it must have 4WD. I will be taking some pretty rough roads, with lots of rocks and washboard, but I won't be scaling boulders or anything super extreme.

Originally I was set on a 8-9' camper, but I've taken another look at the 6.5'ers. They might work a little better with the rough roads, and I won't have to buy a full size truck. Are full size trucks good on rough roads? Seems like the wider wheelbase and extra weight might hinder it a bit.

I'm working with a limited budget (hopefully can get something for less than 8k...*hopefully*). The trucks I've seen in this price range all have 170,000 miles or so, which tempts me to buy an older diesel instead of a gasser. 170k on a diesel is basically a broken in diesel, whereas 170k on a gasser is near the end of its life.

Looking forward to hearing some suggestions. Thanks

#2 Brewskier

Brewskier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

Oops! I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. Mods please move.

Thanks

#3 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,609 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

Oops! I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. Mods please move.

Thanks

Done. :)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#4 Brewskier

Brewskier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

Done. :)

Actually, I found some threads that asked basically the same question, worded differently. You can close/delete this one.

Sorry about that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users