• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

I have one piston that started leaking at the last five inches of pumping it up. I'm assuming it is an O ring. The owners manual that is posted on here gives directions on how to replace them but there is a hand written note on it that says "no there is an easier way" does anyone know the "easier way?

#2 ctp

ctp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

I have one piston that started leaking at the last five inches of pumping it up. I'm assuming it is an O ring. The owners manual that is posted on here gives directions on how to replace them but there is a hand written note on it that says "no there is an easier way" does anyone know the "easier way?

Not sure of the easy way but i just jacked it up put a brace in corner undid the 3/8 ths nut on top releded the pressure ( the brace holdes it up ) pushed down the shaft took off the bug nut on top of tube and raised it up and moved it to side till it came out use rags there is gonna be oil but its easy to do.

put O ring on slide it in tube lift up put 3/8 ths nut back jack up ( you may need to ad jack oil to pump due to the loss before you fix

simple I did all mine .

Chuck

#3 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

i need to do one of mine, but i've been lazy. i've been using a rag wraped around that one so it doesn't get my new cusions dirty.so far ,it's just a minor inconvenience.i may have a line on a 72 cabover cheap, so my current one may take a back seat if this new one is'nt to wasted to restore.good luck on your rings.

wes

#4 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

I saw "O-ring" and immediately thought of the space shuttle. I hope you have better luck. :blink:
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#5 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

I replaced it this last weekend. Very easy to do. Cost me 59 cents for the o ring from Ace hardware and a roll of paper towels.

#6 MikeDahlager

MikeDahlager

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

I replaced it this last weekend. Very easy to do. Cost me 59 cents for the o ring from Ace hardware and a roll of paper towels.

Note the operative word here is roll. It is a messy job but simple. It's like driving with worn out windshield wipers. When you finally replace them you think, why didn't I do that months ago!

Off to the Snake River for Spring King Salmon!

Mike

2007 Okanagan model 96DB, 2001 Dodge 2500 Diesel

"Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users