10 replies to this topic

#1 Herve

Herve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

I have a 2011 Hawk with hot water heater, extended bed (king slide) and flush appliances (required for the king slide). I't's great for someone tall like me to sleep parallel to the road, but the only drawback is that the extended slide covers the sink.

I'm thinking I could run a hose and spray head from the door where the pump is, there is enough room there to store the hose and spray head inside. I'm thinking either just cold water or have a mixing valve to mix hot and cold.

Has anybody ever attempted that? Any words of wisdom? Any images pointing to which hose is what?

Thanks!

Herve

#2 Gormley Green

Gormley Green

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSquamish, BC

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Has anybody ever attempted that? Any words of wisdom? Any images pointing to which hose is what?

Thanks!

Herve

I recently installed a new faucet in my Hawk that had a combination faucent and hose/sprayer. As the hose attaches the the plumbing underneath the faucet it could be routed/installed anywhere - not necessarily in its designated 'beside the faucet' location. That could be an option.
2015 F350 FX4 with a 2010 FWC Hawk

#3 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

What are you trying to spray inside the camper while your sink is covered?

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#4 Herve

Herve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

What are you trying to spray inside the camper while your sink is covered?

For instance I want to be able to have some cold water to heat up for coffee in the morning, and some hot water to wash up before going to bed (I would use a portable wash basin), while my partner is in bed. It doesn't have to be a spray, but I thought that it would be the most convenient thing to put at the end of a hose, wouldn't it?

#5 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

I see. Personally I might be inclined to just use a jug of water in that instance. But you you're adding a sprayer I'd tee it in after the pump and but a shutoff valve between in and the pump, I don't see why that wouldn't work if that is what you want from it.

I added a kingsized slide to mine as well but I put the stove over the fridge and sink next to the stove so they are still accessible with the bed out, it just blocks regular counter space.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#6 5444

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:19 AM

Is the king slide a mod the manufacturer performs or did you do that yourself? What are the dimensions of the king slide?

2012 Hawk, 2011 Ram 2500 Crew CTD G56, 1988 YJ "The more you travel, the more you realize how little you've seen"-Gunther Holtorf

#7 Herve

Herve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:30 AM

Is the king slide a mod the manufacturer performs or did you do that yourself? What are the dimensions of the king slide?

It's a factory option. It adds two more small cushion: instead of 1 big and 2 small, you have 1 big and 4 small. So it's about 16 inch longer, so you end up with a 76.5 wide by 80 long bed instead of 76.5 long by 64 wide.

Exact dimensions here:
https://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4951/page__st__10__p__65928&#entry65928

If you want my factory foam, it's available for pickup in San Francisco for free.

H

#8 5444

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:13 AM

Thanks Herve

2012 Hawk, 2011 Ram 2500 Crew CTD G56, 1988 YJ "The more you travel, the more you realize how little you've seen"-Gunther Holtorf

#9 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

I did it myself on my older camper and also redid the countertops/moved the stove and put in flush mount units.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Herve

Herve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

Nice. When I placed my order, I asked FWC to swap the stove and sink so that the stove would be the one blocked by the slide. They didn't want to do it. Claiming it was too difficult to move these around / too many risks the workers would make a mistake / so it would end up not cost effective for them to offer that option. I guess this would be an example where ATC would be more accommodating than FWC, but I'm still very happy with my FWC.

I think I'll add this hose eventually, when I figure out exactly how to divert the cold and hot water and have a way to mix them. Plumbing is not my specialty :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users