#1 lost in space

lost in space

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationS.F. East Bay

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

alaskan.JPG Hello,

My right rear piston came detached from its upper mount. I know how to the support the front part of the roof when replacing the cyclinders by wedging a 2 x 4 between the header and the bed support. But to work on the rear cylinders, there is no header on top for support. Therefore do I support the top by using 2 x 4's on the outside of the camper holding up the top while on work on this. I attachedalaskan.JPG a photo of the piston being detached.

thanks

#2 MikeDahlager

MikeDahlager

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

alaskan.JPG Hello,

My right rear piston came detached from its upper mount. I know how to the support the front part of the roof when replacing the cyclinders by wedging a 2 x 4 between the header and the bed support. But to work on the rear cylinders, there is no header on top for support. Therefore do I support the top by using 2 x 4's on the outside of the camper holding up the top while on work on this.

thanks

I would cut a piece of 1x2 and place it on top of the lower section and beneath the block holding the lift cylinder attachment at the top. Never seen the cylinder come apart like that. Mine are brazed at the top.
Mike

2007 Okanagan model 96DB, 2001 Dodge 2500 Diesel

"Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are."

#3 lost in space

lost in space

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationS.F. East Bay

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:30 AM

I would cut a piece of 1x2 and place it on top of the lower section and beneath the block holding the lift cylinder attachment at the top. Never seen the cylinder come apart like that. Mine are braised at the top.
Mike

Thanks for the reply mike. I also have a call into Alaskan camper to get some info on this.

#4 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA.

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

I don't know if this any help but when I pulled one of my jacks off I simply supported the upper section by wedging a 2x4 on the outside of the camper between the top section and the ground. Worked perfectly for me.

#5 lost in space

lost in space

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationS.F. East Bay

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

I don't know if this any help but when I pulled one of my jacks off I simply supported the upper section by wedging a 2x4 on the outside of the camper between the top section and the ground. Worked perfectly for me.

thanks to all. I called Bryan on this and he said to wedge a 2 x 4 under the angle iron in the corner and the bottom part of the camper. Im sure going outside and wedging would also work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users