4 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Rangitsch

Tom Rangitsch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLander, Wy

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

The master switch for my electrical system (the big red button) is malfunctioning. It does not turn off the power when depressed, and it pops right back out when I take my hand off of it. I can't turn off power to the camper. Just curious if anyone has had a similar problem and can help me troubleshout.

#2 MakersTeleMark

MakersTeleMark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Sounds like you need to replace it.

#3 NorCalSteve

NorCalSteve

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Does seem strange that the switch pops back out. As a side note, I am pretty sure my 2011 Hawk's master switch does not disconnect the 12 volt power supply from the shore power. So if I am plugged into AC, I have 12 volts with the switch in either position. That is, the switch disconnects the battery but not the 12 volt power supply powered by AC. Your problem sounds different but I figured this was worth mentioning.

In your case, it sure sounds like a faulty switch.

Steve
Hawk on a 1994 Silverado 2WD pickup

#4 Jamesiam

Jamesiam

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationStateline Nevada

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

That certainly helped me : )

Does seem strange that the switch pops back out. As a side note, I am pretty sure my 2011 Hawk's master switch does not disconnect the 12 volt power supply from the shore power. So if I am plugged into AC, I have 12 volts with the switch in either position. That is, the switch disconnects the battery but not the 12 volt power supply powered by AC. Your problem sounds different but I figured this was worth mentioning.

In your case, it sure sounds like a faulty switch.

Steve

#5 Desertboater

Desertboater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFlagstaff, AZ

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

The master switch for my electrical system (the big red button) is malfunctioning. It does not turn off the power when depressed, and it pops right back out when I take my hand off of it. I can't turn off power to the camper. Just curious if anyone has had a similar problem and can help me troubleshout.

Sounds like the switch housing has become disconnected from the panel that it should be attached to. The wires that run to/from it are probably allowing it to be pushed backward away from the panel when you push the button in. You could either replace the switch, or figure out a way to re-attach it to the back side of the cabinet.

Cheers,
West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users