• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HERR42

HERR42

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

We have all heard about wasps getting into heaters etc. Here is a new one.

I go out and check the camper over...its on blocks on the side of the house. I started a new job back in June so I took it off knowing we will not be able to use it for a while.

I look into the heater vents and wow there are a lot of little faces looking back at me! Well I can fix that, out comes the shop vac and that is that!

I also put some duct tape over the vents.

Time goes on.......

One day I open the door and wow! 3 or 4 of those guys are inside....shop vac resolves problem....but how did they get in?

The duct tape is instact......I remove the heater grille and dont see any way "through"......so I figure its a fluke.

A couple of days later...more wasps....hmmmmm.

I am standing outside looking at the vents and I see my drain.....below the little sign that says "this must be covered when not in use".....so I get the cap and put it on.

A few days later, more wasps inside.

I look in the sink...the drain plug thingy is in place....I put the cutting board over the sink and cover the hand hole with a piece of cardboard.

Two weeks go by.

I get in the camper being careful to check for wasps.....none in sight!

I began the task of converting the 12v outlet to anderson power poles (another story) and I pick up the cutting board.

Holy smokes! there are a dozen of those guys in there! ahhhhhh!

The were in the drain, coming up and pushing the sink plug thingy out of their way! wow!

A couple of raids with the shop vac and the war ....ahem the battle is over.

I have more respect for wasps now.
Jeff Herr WW6L '07 Hawk & '00 F250 SuperDuty CrewCab, Warn 12K, BFG AT KO 'E' rated, TransferFlow 48Gal tank

#2 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

Haven't seen you here for a while, Jeff -- great story...and a great warning to us all! Posted Image Posted Image

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#3 HERR42

HERR42

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

Haven't seen you here for a while, Jeff -- great story...and a great warning to us all! Posted Image Posted Image

Yes I have not been on much over the past months. Started new job in June ending three years of unemployment. Been too busy to do anything except just get by. We are looking forward to getting back on the road.

Hope you have been well.
Jeff Herr WW6L '07 Hawk & '00 F250 SuperDuty CrewCab, Warn 12K, BFG AT KO 'E' rated, TransferFlow 48Gal tank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users