• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dorocks

dorocks

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationEl Cajon CA

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

My boy discovered that the Fan-tastic Vent on the Hawk was not working. Checked all the things I knew of. Fuse and circuit it was on. Those things were OK. Anyway, when we got home from our last trip I got up top and discovered the metal slide bar that is attached to the tinted smoke dome had broken off and was kinda in the fan.

So my thought was it jammed the fan and burned it out. So I went to the local trailer store to get a new hood. He said you should just call the Fan-Tastic Vent folks first. He said they are great at customer service.

I did and the fellow on the other end said he would be glad to send me a fan and hood if that was the problem. My FWC is a 2009. But he suggested I check a few things first. He told me where to check to see if the voltage was getting to the fan. It is a bit confusing. The in and out switch and the speed control switches are odd looking beasties from behind. And figuring out where to put my voltmeter was confusing me until he gave me the spots (marked c and m on speed control)

And then you have a safety switch that turns off the fan if you close the dome. There was a wire to it that I thought came off during dis-assembly but in reality it had come out during the last bouncy trip. I reinserted it and voila the fan was fine.

Fan-Tastic sent me a new dome and lift arm in case it got tweaked for no charge. My response was you sure lived up to your reputation for standing behind your product. And he said "we're Fantastic" jokingly.

Great folks and helpful as all get-out.

Keith Barnes El Cajon CA 2021 Ram 3500 Diesel with 2016 Lance 650

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,345 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

A great story that is nice to hear, thanks!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users