2 replies to this topic

#1 mugggss

mugggss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ontario Canada

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

I'm putting a Shell Hawk order together. Need some help!

Does anyone know if its possible to get the additional drivers side louvered window and the forced air furnace with cabinet & propane? I'm not sure if there's enough room on the drivers side to build both.

And, does anyone know if its possible to order the Propex heater for a Hawk Shell?

Thanks for help guys!

Marg

#2 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hello Marg

Yes, in the Hawk Shell Model we can install the furnace w/ propane tanks, and also the full sized louvered window on the driver's side.

Unfortunatly the propex furnace is not available in the shell models.

We would be using the Atwood furnace.

:)

We can also install a 2 burner propane stove on top of the furnace cabinet if that is of any interest.

Hope this helps.

Just let us know if you have any other questions.

PS: Gary Morrissey (our Canadian Dealer) should be back in the office soon. He has been out of the country.

Does anyone know if its possible to get the additional drivers side louvered window and the forced air furnace with cabinet & propane? I'm not sure if there's enough room on the drivers side to build both.

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#3 WaltK

WaltK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMonroe, Georgia, USA

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

I'm putting a Shell Hawk order together. Need some help!

And, does anyone know if its possible to order the Propex heater for a Hawk Shell?

Marg

I'm putting the Propex 2800 in the 2007 Eagle shell I got used. Really no problem to find a place for it as I'm doing DIY and it's quite compact. When I asked if they stocked the Propex I was told at FWC that they install Propex heaters in their European models when the order from Europe requests it and supplies the heater. They act only as installers, don't stock them or offer them for US customers.

There are a number of dealers in the US who sell them, I had no trouble ordering one elsewhere. I ordered the marine kit, costs a bunch more but the exhaust fitting is stainless steel instead of just ending the stainless exhaust tube without any real fitting. (there is a plastic intake fitting in the marine kit as well.) The kit I ordered also had more duct fittings so I could have dual outlets, a heat wrap for the exhaust tube to help in clearances needed, and so on. My only issue I've not resolved is wasp and mud dauber protection of the fitting openings. That's a problem regardless of which heater or many propane appliances.

Why would you want both a Propex heater and the more bulky forced air furnace? These do the same job so it's duplicate heaters to use both. Of course the Propex is lower heat rating if that matters. For me down in the SE US I don't need a huge amount of heat and the Propex uses less space. So 10,000 BTU is plenty and it's a more efficient unit.

Note that shell frames differ from the standard frames, so retrofit can be more of a chore. It's not just a case of leaving out the appliances but the frame holes for them may not still be there in the frame. The regular frame spaces may not be there. For instance in the 2007 Eagle shell I have the rear location for the propane tank compartment the frame opening is narrower, and there is also a extra piece of aluminum frame right up the middle of the opening. These things can be overcome, but it's extra work. I would assume for a new shell you order that included the propane tanks that part of the frame would be designed to fit. So if going for a shell and planning to put stuff in later, make sure the frame won't be a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users