• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 captainphx

captainphx

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationCave Creek, AZ

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

Didn't care for the stock FWC thermostat, so I installed a Honeywell one. After the first trip with it, I realized that it would be much better to have one that is backlit. So I returned it and got this one for a little more money, but well worth it.

IMG_1062.jpg
Captainphx
FWC 2012 Raven
2013 Ford Raptor Supercrew
RPG Stage 3 with 2.5 inch and 4.0 inch bumpstops
Cave Creek, AZ

#2 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

Didn't care for the stock FWC thermostat, so I installed a Honeywell one. After the first trip with it, I realized that it would be much better to have one that is backlit. So I returned it and got this one for a little more money, but well worth it.

IMG_1062.jpg

This will be one of the best modifications you have done. Last year on our trip around the USA I found it nice to have the thermostat programed to come on 15 min before we wanted to get up. Camper was toasty when we got out of the bed. :D

#3 captainphx

captainphx

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationCave Creek, AZ

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

This will be one of the best modifications you have done. Last year on our trip around the USA I found it nice to have the thermostat programed to come on 15 min before we wanted to get up. Camper was toasty when we got out of the bed. :D

This one is actually non programmable. We just set the temp to somewhere between 50-55.

Captainphx
FWC 2012 Raven
Cave Creek, AZ

#4 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,605 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Has anyone seen/know-of a compatible thermostat that has a really-low minimum set-point -- something lower than 50°?

Ideally, I'd like something that I could set to keep the camper interior above freezing -- maybe 40 - 45F -- if/when I was away from the camper for a while...

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#5 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

IMG_1062.jpg

Where? How Much? Easy to wire?
Thanks

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,367 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Has anyone seen/know-of a compatible thermostat that has a really-low minimum set-point -- something lower than 50°?

Ideally, I'd like something that I could set to keep the camper interior above freezing -- maybe 40 - 45F -- if/when I was away from the camper for a while...

I think Barking Spider's goes down to 45°. Got it at Home Depot. I'll try to take a look next time he stops by. Gosh, I wonder how low ours goes. I'll look.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#7 captainphx

captainphx

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationCave Creek, AZ

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Where? How Much? Easy to wire?
Thanks

Home Depot, $37.49, Extremely easy to wire.

http://www.homedepot...atgry=SEARCHALL

You're welcome.

Captainphx
FWC 2012 Raven
Cave Creek, AZ

#8 captainphx

captainphx

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationCave Creek, AZ

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

I think Barking Spider's goes down to 45°. Got it at Home Depot. I'll try to take a look next time he stops by. Gosh, I wonder how low ours goes. I'll look.

Just checked mine…it sets down to 40.

IMG_1073.jpg

Captainphx
FWC 2012 Raven
Cave Creek, AZ

#9 LT Traveler

LT Traveler

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

I installed a cheap $24 Honeywell before our last trip, best and easiest mod I've done to the camper.

One issue we seem to have with our furnace though is periodically it needs to be reset. thus far it's only happened at night, wake up to hear a slight buzzing sound coming from the furnace and a flashing red light. Need to pull off the front cover and hit the reset button. We'll go days with the thermo set at the same temp and no problems then we'll have the problem. No idea what the issue is. Any ideas collective?
2004 Nissan Titan w/ 2011 FWC Hawk

#10 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

We have a cheep digital from Wally World, about $25. The low for heating on it is 45. We set it there at night.

LT Traveler, haven't heard about that one before. I'll be watching to see what others can advise.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users