• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Captm

Captm

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

So does a Flip Pac fit in WTW? Sometimes I feel like I'm in a glorified tent and dream of a FWC but it's what I have. I enjoy the light weight #290ish before mods. Plenty of room for myself but cozy when my wife and two dogs join me. It will help when I get the pass- thru set up so the dogs can stay in the cab of the truck (tacoma dbl cab)and still access the camper. I really enjoy following WTW and the members posts.
Cheers

2005 Tacoma Dbl cab LB 4x4

2014 Fleet shell

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

If you're using it to wander the west, I'd figure it would fit. I enjoy being educated about other options/methods.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#3 rotti

rotti

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • LocationMile High

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Here is an old thread on Expo: FWC vs Flip Pac

I like the concept....especially for those trying to watch their weight.
2012 Chevy 2500HD 4WD LTZ CCSB gas
2012 FWC Hawk

#4 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

I would like to learn more about them, too, and would welcome a FlipPac sub forum. I'd also like to read about where you take it!

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#5 RC Pilot Jim

RC Pilot Jim

• Members
  • 1,544 posts
  • LocationSan Diego Calif

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

Boy is this one old...Lots of Nostalgia. We had one for 8 years

gallery_2684_769_98199.jpg

gallery_2684_769_21303.jpg

Camped in it all over the desert. Noisy when the wind blew - well built. Canvass and poles easily handled 45 + mile an hour cross-winds. Not a true camper. Got us out of the wind and cold. Cheap to keep. And we had a usable dry space to carry stuff when not camping. Sold it too a couple in Utah for $1500.00 who bought a weather proof cover. Reports say they are very happy with it.

Check them out...About 5 grand new....http://www.flippac.com/ ...Great for small families that like to camp and sleep off the ground. :)

Jim

Retired from truck camping June 2021

Our Basic Eagle/Fleet Shell Build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users