1 reply to this topic

#1 Oryguntroutbum

Oryguntroutbum

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hello all,
I originally posted this in the FWC section but it looks more appropriate here. I am new to the forum and site and wanted to say "hey". I am in the process of looking for a used camper to be used primarily as a base camp for fly fishing trips by myself or with a buddy. I have been looking for some used Alaskans and FWC. I have looked at a couple Alaskans that haven't had the structural integrity I'm looking for. I'm not afraid of a little cosmetic work or re-sealing the campers but I don't want to get in over my head.

I just wanted to encourage anyone who sees a good deal on a used FWC, Alaskan, or ATC to pass the info my way. Keep in mind it will be going on a 2008 Dodge 2500 diesel with fab bumpers, winch, airbags.

Thanks in advance. Looks like there is some knowledgeable folks on this site.

Chris
2014 Dodge 2500 4x4, Cummins TD2021 FWC Hawk<p>

#2 Desert Rancher

Desert Rancher

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSocal desert

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

I think you will find that around the spring time: Apr-May, folks will clear out their garages and want to upgrade or just get rid of stuff. Also, it's tax refund time, so there is cash to spend.

Figure out exactly what you want and just keep looking. Pay attention to what will fit your truck!

The drier climates will offer a better condition of camper. Look towards SoCal. C/List, RV trader is your best bet.

~DR
Granbaby ridin' on an F250HD 4x4, International Diesel powered T444E "And camping will grant each man new hope...as sleep brings dreams of home"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users