#1 hpcbmw

hpcbmw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cal

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

I just picked up a 1997 Granby and am getting it setup the way I like it. My old Keystone has a porta potty and I'm debating whether to keep the old one or buy new. Any changes in the newer ones? The old one is probably 25 years old, but is clean, doesn't stink and seems to seal fine.

Is there a size issue to fit the potty in the space between the end of the couch and the door? I measured it at about 16".

Lastly, there is a cutout in the carpet near the porta potty, did any of the granby's come with a privacy shield of some sort, that seperates the couch from the toilet? My 9' Keystone has one, but there doesn't seem to be enough room for one in the Granby.

Any ideas appreciated!

1997 4 wheel Camper Granby model on 2000 F250 extended cab 4x4 diesel.

#2 RicoV

RicoV

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationVail, AZ

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

In our '11 Grandby Shell we placed a Thetford 365 in the left rear corner (as you enter the camper). If I'm not mistaken that's where the fridge is on a fully stocked Grandby, so I'm not sure that'd be much help to you. But for us it fits just perfectly there for easy access and use, and was a welcome addition. We also added a pair of quick release straps around the middle of the porta-potti and anchored to the side wall, just in case it gets bounced around on the 4WD roads we often find ourselves on.
RicoV
2011 FWC Grandby Shell on a 2011 Nissan Titan King Cab SV 4WD

#3 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

In our '11 Grandby Shell we placed a Thetford 365 in the left rear corner (as you enter the camper). If I'm not mistaken that's where the fridge is on a fully stocked Grandby, so I'm not sure that'd be much help to you. But for us it fits just perfectly there for easy access and use, and was a welcome addition. We also added a pair of quick release straps around the middle of the porta-potti and anchored to the side wall, just in case it gets bounced around on the 4WD roads we often find ourselves on.

This is very important. I found out the hard way. On road Hwy 20 to Hwy 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users