• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Oryguntroutbum

Oryguntroutbum

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

I got my Titan jacks today and intended on installing the brackets. What started out with removing some cabinet doors ended up with a bit more of a project than I intended. Pulled out the range top, sink, all cab doors, ice box, and water tank. :D

The game plan will be a complete removal of cabinets on the passenger side and a partial removal of cabinets from the driver side. I plan on building two benches along the walls which will be upholstered and hinged for storage access. This will allow a buddy and me to sleep length wise for more comfort. The sink will be moved to the area where the range top existed.

Refrigeration will be using good ol' coolers, maybe set up to drain like the old ice box.

Plan on purchasing a new water tank, LED lights, new flooring.

This is ultimately a one or two man fishing camper, and most cooking will be done with the outside BBQ and crockpot.

Over the next couple months I plan on pulling all the screws and applying new butyl tape, replacing corroded exterior light fixtures, a couple new eyebrows, powdercoating the roof rack, and new Pirelli seals all around.

Looking forward to a fun project. Hopefully it will be ready for a maiden trip to the high Cascade lakes by May.

Chris
2014 Dodge 2500 4x4, Cummins TD2021 FWC Hawk<p>

#2 dkoug

dkoug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

Looking forward to your results.

I have a 69 10' NCO which I'm thinking of pulling the cabinets and moving them across the front of the Alaskan similar to the Mini htey have come out with.

Hoping you can keep us abreast with numerous pictures etc.

Enjoy the project.

dkoug

Attached Thumbnails

• Finish exterior panel.JPG
  • New corner build.JPG

#3 Oryguntroutbum

Oryguntroutbum

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

Looking forward to your results.

I have a 69 10' NCO which I'm thinking of pulling the cabinets and moving them across the front of the Alaskan similar to the Mini htey have come out with.

Hoping you can keep us abreast with numerous pictures etc.

Enjoy the project.

dkoug

Here are a couple pictures after I began. I'm not sure why they are attaching sideways. They show correct on my computer. I'm fairly computer savvy but can't figure this one out.

Anyway...

I'm going to have to rebuild the upper door. Anyone know where I can find a replacement door handle/lock or and adequate equivalent?

Chris

Attached Thumbnails

• pic 1.JPG
  • pic 2.JPG
  • pic 3.JPG

#4 64can

64can

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Here are a couple pictures after I began. I'm not sure why they are attaching sideways. They show correct on my computer. I'm fairly computer savvy but can't figure this one out.

Anyway...

I'm going to have to rebuild the upper door. Anyone know where I can find a replacement door handle/lock or and adequate equivalent?

Chris

Hey Rayct77,

I need some range parts if you're not going to use that one. I'm missing the center piece to one burner. If you're willing to part we can set something up to send it my way.

#5 Oryguntroutbum

Oryguntroutbum

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

Hey Rayct77,

I need some range parts if you're not going to use that one. I'm missing the center piece to one burner. If you're willing to part we can set something up to send it my way.

No problem. The whole range top is actually in good shape. The innards are shot but the metal top, burner grills, knobs, etc. are all yours if you want them. PM me and we can get it figured out.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users