3 replies to this topic

#1 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

hi all,
i've just replaced the top front panel and both sides of my 74 10'co due to excessive rot. the metal skins on the sides are in great shape , but the front panel skin is full of holes(lights,emblem, and pin holes in lines).i'm going to replace the lights with reflectors and the emblem is gone. i figured that i would seal the holes from the back with some great sealing tape i have and then cover over the front with a sealing epoxy for bathtubs, smooth out then paint.my question is -- has anyone replaced the metal skin with any different material that works better or just as good?my cover seems like a lot of holes to deal with.i've looked around for new metal ,but can't seem to find what i need.

thanks,wes

#2 Mike S.

Mike S.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationHope, B.C.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

Wes, I think I have my old one from 94 it is still in good shape. Just the holes from the lights. We will be coming down to Bellingham in the next week or so, could through it in the back. You are welcome to it, just couldn't throw it out.

99 Dodge 2500 4x4 Diesel, 94 CO Alaskan 10', 10 ply BFGs Air bags,  VE7YHE

#3 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

that would be great. i'm off next wednesday and saturday(the 6th and 8th).do those times work? my e-mail is cty87300@centurytel.net or phone 253 884 2960

thanks,wes

#4 64can

64can

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

hi all,
i've just replaced the top front panel and both sides of my 74 10'co due to excessive rot. the metal skins on the sides are in great shape , but the front panel skin is full of holes(lights,emblem, and pin holes in lines).i'm going to replace the lights with reflectors and the emblem is gone. i figured that i would seal the holes from the back with some great sealing tape i have and then cover over the front with a sealing epoxy for bathtubs, smooth out then paint.my question is -- has anyone replaced the metal skin with any different material that works better or just as good?my cover seems like a lot of holes to deal with.i've looked around for new metal ,but can't seem to find what i need.

thanks,wes

I've had good luck using this to fill holes:

USC All-Metal Body filler

For bigger holes, I used an adhesive aluminum mesh on the back side then filled with All-Metal. Once dried, I'd fill, and smooth it on the front. Can't tell there's a hole any more, and it's semi flexible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users