29 replies to this topic

#11 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

I somehow doubt the natives will stand for our putting down right there. It would be awesome though. :)
Thom

Where does that road go?

#12 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Why?

Can't speak for Bob, but we went last year and left early. The event itself is cool and there is no better opportunity to check out all the neat vehicles and equipment. I had signed up for the skills driving course but after watching other vehicles on it I chickened out. Made the excuse that I wasn't sure my mostly stock Tundra was up to it. In hindsight I wish I'd at least tried. What turned us off was the camping situation. It is pretty much a free-for-all with you parked in the middle of a crowd of several hundred other vehicles. The whole idea of our camper is we like to get away from crowded places. It was just out of our comfort zone. Maybe Bajaxplorer has the right idea - camp a little ways off and visit during the day.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#13 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

Yeah but you kept me from getting my ass kicked!

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#14 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

Yeah but you kept me from getting my ass kicked!

You wouldn't have gotten your ass kicked with Ted, Marc, me, and Steve on your side :-)

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#15 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

I never underestimate the power of tequila. But being surrounded by friends helps. Thanks Bob.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#16 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,361 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

"What happens at Expo stays at..........................."

Tequila!

sorry, just helping out the wandering hijack :huh:

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#17 rotti

rotti

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • LocationMile High

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

I wasn't planning on going.....but if you guys are promising cage matches, gang fights and tequila....I'm in. :D

WTW against the world!
2012 Chevy 2500HD 4WD LTZ CCSB gas
2012 FWC Hawk

#18 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Ski,
The last line in the video is "may be a major factor in getting your ass kicked." Too True!

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#19 Bosque Bill

Bosque Bill

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

We'll be camped nearby in the forest and spend saturday at expo (same as last year).

I don't want to cramp anyone's style or impose on anyone's privacy, but if you have a suggestion or tips on camping near the expo, I'd appreciate it. I'm not at all familiar with the area.

In looking at the aerial photo of the expo I'm now thinking I might want an option other than the on-site camping. Is dispersed camping allowed in the national forest there?

Thanks,
Bill

"I'm not an expert; I'm an enthusiast!" - New Mexico, U.S.A - The Land of Enchantment

http://bosquebill.blogspot.com My Travel Blog

http://www.bosquebill.com My New Mexico Website

2013 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab SR5 V6 4x4 - 2013 FWC Fleet

#20 Bajaxplorer

Bajaxplorer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

I don't want to cramp anyone's style or impose on anyone's privacy, but if you have a suggestion or tips on camping near the expo, I'd appreciate it. I'm not at all familiar with the area.

In looking at the aerial photo of the expo I'm now thinking I might want an option other than the on-site camping. Is dispersed camping allowed in the national forest there?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill,
There is dispersed camping all around the area. There is private property (ranches) as well, but they are usually fenced and posted pretty well. Last year we camped off FR91, I'm thinking in the area of N34 50.606, W 111 26.826, about 4-5 miles from expo (by roads). There was plenty of room, flat forest, firewood. I'll have to locate my gps track to see where exactly. We will probably use same spot this year. You would be welcome (if you turn in by 10pm, and don't have a GENERATOR, lol). A lot of people camp down FR219 not far from Mormon Lake Rd. There is also an area called Navajo Spring on FR219A that has a trail down to the expo that is less than a mile away.
BX

ps, I saw your website, my wife is a bird lover/spotter (nut) and I will show her your site, she'll be impressed.

I'm lost, but I'm making good time. Beer is good food. Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. Beer is the reason I get up every afternoon. Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy. Beer is water that has reached it's full potential.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users