Photo

Alaskan cabover comes down crooked-finally fixed.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lost in space

lost in space

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationS.F. East Bay

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

After talking to Bryan twice and sending him pictures of the exterior and interior. He finally figured out it was the carriage bolts that were used through the wall to secure the boat rack. Bolts had backed off in the intervening years and stuck the camper when coming. Carriage bolts are now taken out and will have flat heads installed and the holes reamed out to fit flush. I'll do the other side next.

Thanks to Bryan Wheat for his help. For all those who don't know, he is very cooperative when it comes to questions and help.

Mike.

Attached Thumbnails

• truck12.JPG
  • truck4.JPG

#2 MikeDahlager

MikeDahlager

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

After talking to Bryan twice and sending him pictures of the exterior and interior. He finally figured out it was the carriage bolts that were used through the wall to secure the boat rack. Bolts had backed off in the intervening years and stuck the camper when coming. Carriage bolts are now taken out and will have flat heads installed and the holes reamed out to fit flush. I'll do the other side next.

Thanks to Bryan Wheat for his help. For all those who don't know, he is very cooperative when it comes to questions and help.

Mike.

Now that I think about it, I remember tightening the screws which attach the stainless slides because they had backed out enough to cause the slides to bind when they went up and down. The upper ones are a bugger to get to tho.

Mike

2007 Okanagan model 96DB, 2001 Dodge 2500 Diesel

"Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are."

#3 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Good deal you found that....with the help of "Mr. Alaskan"...(Brian's online name here on the forum)

Even if you don't have a boat rack...the flathead screws used to attach the steel angle support in the corners will back out, especially if there's damaged to the corner framework wood members, and cause the same effect.

Pictures make a huge difference ;)....Quite the hangup :blink:

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users