• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Oryguntroutbum

Oryguntroutbum

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

Plugging away on my 64. Found some dry rot on the lower corner of the driver side front wall. About 8" x "8 damage. I'm thinking about replacing the front wall unless someone has a suggestion about how to repair it. It's not necessarily anything hurting the structural integrity.

If I do replace it, it looks like the only screws I will need to mess with to get the panel off would be the two screws at the top of the lift rail and the single screw/nut in the middle of the lift rails. Am I correct about this?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
2014 Dodge 2500 4x4, Cummins TD2021 FWC Hawk<p>

#2 dkoug

dkoug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

Plugging away on my 64. Found some dry rot on the lower corner of the driver side front wall. About 8" x "8 damage. I'm thinking about replacing the front wall unless someone has a suggestion about how to repair it. It's not necessarily anything hurting the structural integrity.

If I do replace it, it looks like the only screws I will need to mess with to get the panel off would be the two screws at the top of the lift rail and the single screw/nut in the middle of the lift rails. Am I correct about this?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Chris

I replaced the front wall on my 69 and frusting thing being an old fart cannot find my posting on it. Is their a method of finding what messages a member and sent???

Also

on side wall I'm going to have torepair the area below the windows full length of sides. Going to investigate the possiblity of using some perimater dimentional lumber combined with a ridget insulation like DOW SM. Thinking of cutting from the interior and replacing with new foam/2 x s'S

Attached Thumbnails

• Finish exterior panel.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users