• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 joanie4c

joanie4c

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

We had a 1996 Toyota truck with a 2007 Eagle on it. Rain did not come through the back window (between the cab and camper) of the camper while driving. We need to leave that window open because our dogs ride in the camper, not the truck. Last year we upgraded to a 2008 Tacoma with the same Eagle on it. Now, while driving in rain, the dog closest to that window gets soaked. Does anyone have any tricks of a rain gutter or shield we could install between the cab and the window to keep the rain out?

Thanks,
Joanie

#2 Larry Perry

Larry Perry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationArnold California

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

FWC sells a cushion that fits between the camper and the cab of the truck it is a little pricey. Check the FWC web site or look in Camping World they used to have them. Good luck Larry.

1999 Chevrolet step side FWC Hawk shell personal build   

#3 Edgewood

Edgewood

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationBellingham WA

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

A bicycle tube slipped in between the truck and camper, then inflated may do the trick.

#4 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • LocationRepublik of Kalifornia

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

A bicycle tube slipped in between the truck and camper, then inflated may do the trick.

Now this is a great idea. So obvious too. Why didn't I think of that.

Founder of D.E.R.P. Desert Exploration & Research Project. A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.

2009 4x4 Tacoma Access Cab-The Gini

2013 Silver Spur Finch Shell- The Oxcart/Gini's Burden-

http://www.wanderthe...ory/#entry83606

#5 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

I had the FWC boot that fits between the camper and the truck. It ruined the paint job on both. The grit that collects there will sand away the paint. I threw it away.

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#6 joanie4c

joanie4c

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

I had the FWC boot that fits between the camper and the truck. It ruined the paint job on both. The grit that collects there will sand away the paint. I threw it away.

That is good to know. Thanks for sharing.

#7 LuckyDan

LuckyDan

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • LocationBased in Eastern, NOW CENTRAL Oregon

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Yup, me too. I don't know if it was the grit or the opposing movement of the cab and bed when driving in the woods. I don't know if the boot was an FWC product or not but the result was the same.

Old, bum around in Ford and an even older FWC Grandby

New Mantra: "Everyday camping is just making up for lost time"

#8 Phird05

Phird05

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCrested Butte, CO

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Yup, me too. I don't know if it was the grit or the opposing movement of the cab and bed when driving in the woods. I don't know if the boot was an FWC product or not but the result was the same.

Both.
2008 F-150 5.4L QC 4x4, ride rite air bags, 2009 Hallmark Milner LX

#9 rotti

rotti

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • LocationMile High

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

Joanie,
Yes the boot is a bad idea if you care at all about your paint.
A better solution would be the roof vent in combination with a cracked window or the floor access tie down doors open.
Better yet, a Fantastic Fan especially if your away from your vehicle.
The best solution, of course, is a crew cab truck so the hounds can help you drive.
We love dogs....no pictures?
2012 Chevy 2500HD 4WD LTZ CCSB gas
2012 FWC Hawk

#10 joanie4c

joanie4c

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

Joanie,
Yes the boot is a bad idea if you care at all about your paint.
A better solution would be the roof vent in combination with a cracked window or the floor access tie down doors open.
Better yet, a Fantastic Fan especially if your away from your vehicle.
The best solution, of course, is a crew cab truck so the hounds can help you drive.
We love dogs....no pictures?

Sorry I don't know if I have any pix of the boys inside the camper. But here is one outside. The one on the left weighs 105 and is 3 years old. The one on the right weighs 70 and is 12. They are both unneutered, male Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and they love duck hunting.2012 summer- 011.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users