• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

On a recent trip as we were getting ready to pull out of camp, my wife asked me "what is that beeping sound?" I couldn't hear it and told her she was imagining things. Wrong reply. It doesn't help that I usually can't hear anything she hears. Anyway, she kept after me and I finally shut off the truck and guess what? I could hear it too. We couldn't tell where it was coming from. I finally opened the camper door and crawled in- it was the smoke detector- hidden above the bed that was extended with the top down. It was a distinct pattern of 3 beeps and then a pause. I figured it was a low battery since I hadn't replaced it in over a year. We decided to head home and check into it there.

When we got home, I popped the lid and removed the detector to check the battery voltage: 9.2 volts- not a bad battery. The label on the back of the detector said a pattern of 3 beeps means particles of combustion have been detected. I reinstalled the battery and tested the alarm- it made a truly alarming sound! haha but not the beeps we heard.

It was really hot when we left camp (90 plus degrees). It was probably hotter inside the camper. I'm thinking it was the heat that triggered the beeping, or maybe the detector needs to be replaced. I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem.

It is a Kidde detector, model i 9040.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users