#1 trailrider

trailrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

I have been researching FWC and ATC campers heavily. It seems ATC have lower hard sides and hence cannot fit a 3.0 cu ft 3 way refrigerator in like FWC  due to height restrictions. 26" may be the maximum refrig height that they can accept. The units they are currently using are ~21" high. I was told ATC units are shorter for a lower profile and that they are custom made for each truck application which minimizes roof gap. Possibly ATC could make a custom unit taller to fit a 3.0 cu ft 3 way refrig in. In looking at pictures of the two brands on the same truck it appears ATC may have less roof gap.

I was also told that for a given FWC model they are all the same height.

Can anyone verify the above information?

Thanks,

Mike

#2 Argonaut20

Argonaut20

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:51 AM

I would contact ATC and FWC for answers for these questions. I know that ATC does do custom builds (Dirty Dog's ex camper as an example) but how much leeway you have on the fridge or other fittings I do not know. Best to talk to the guys that make them.

2006 Tacoma, '66 AS Caravel,  2002 Eagle

#3 trailrider

trailrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

I talked to ATC and FWC. I found out ATC alters the hard side height on a given model based on the truck application in order to have a lower profile and keep the cab over close to the roof. They indeed do have a lower hard side height and this limits the maximum refrigerator size. The can squeeze in a CR-85 max. It is 24.6 inches tall.

FWC keeps the same the same hard side height but alters the floor height for various truck applications. They can fit a 3.0 cu ft 3-way fridge in which is about 29" tall.

Mike

#4 Argonaut20

Argonaut20

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

Next question is "How important is the size of the fridge vs cost differences?". Only you can answer this one.

2006 Tacoma, '66 AS Caravel,  2002 Eagle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users