1 reply to this topic

#1 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

Hi guys, my old Sunsei solar panels 1500's have finially started to die after all these years. I've read all the posts on Solar panels, but being dumb, on these things, I have a question(s) to ask. One, my present setup and comproller carries 49 amps(I think that what it says) and i use it for a back up to power my tv so I can watch my 49's or giants. I have a new blue top camper bat and a Granby fwc, and no second battery back-up for the FWC, just my truck battery. I don't use it for much else, right now I run in the green for 3-4 days before I need to charge the batteries up (when it's goes to yellow), again, I don't use much power, except when I run the tv, so----here is my question, I want to buy a new (maybe 2 panels) panel and a new comproller and there are so many good deals out there, so I just want to take my old set up off, fill in the holes and put on the new panels, I don't know how to put in a new extra battery, so I just need to replace what i have now, :) I winter camp allot and it is sure nice to have my solar back up to keep things running (into at least the yellow-during those storms), when I have to use the heater allot, so what should I get? :wacko: Sorry I'm just need some ideas- nice and simple what to buy ($100-300 or more each ???) Any help would be wecomed!  I've got a 3way frig a heater and hot water heater and an F150 4x4 truck!

Thanks,

Smoke

Edited by Smokecreek1, 01 September 2013 - 03:32 AM.

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

Smoke, I've moved this over to the truck camper section so maybe you can get some help with this.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users