No replies to this topic

#1 BigF350

BigF350

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

Hi,
I am regrettably putting up for sale my 2000 Ford F-350 XLT SuperCab Long Bed. It is fitted with the 7.3l Power Stroke diesel engine, ZF-6 manual transmission and 4x4. I am the third owner of this truck, and have a clean Californian title in hand. The truck is not perfect, but isn’t far from it.
As it sits currently, vehicle has 191,000 miles.

I am selling the truck, as the result of a recent move, I am only using the truck to move it off the street when the street sweeper comes past once a week. The vehicle is mostly stock, and has been meticulously maintained – I have the receipts for all mechanical work completed under my ownership, and the previous owner. I have used the truck to carry my motorcycles around – the previous owner used it to tow a 8000lb race car trailer. To the previous owners or my knowledge, the engine has never been chipped or towed a 5th wheel. It's a Californian truck, so the body and frame are in great shape.

Truck would make a great work/farm truck, expedition vehicle, base for a camper or tow rig. There is probably not a more reliable Ford Truck ever made than a 7.3 with 6 speed transmission.
As long as I stay under 70mph, I get around 19mpg on the highway.
I am asking $13,000

Vehicle modifications/options
  • Front lift/leveling kit (2.5” lift)
  • Carpet delete interior (hose out floors)
  • Towing mirrors
  • Clear head lights from a 2005 truck
  • Drop in bed liner
  • 18” MB Wheels Aluminum rims fitted with 275/70 R18 highway tires
  • 4” turbo back straight pipe – as vehicle was not originally fitted with a cat, passes emissions
  • Pioneer head unit with a blue tooth car kit to stream music/cell phone calls
  • Warn Premium manual hubs
  • Class IV trailer hitch
  • Camper package (sway bar/overload springs)
  • Hayes trailer brake controller
  • Tinted Windows

Recent maintenance
  • New clutch and clutch system (within 2000 miles) – Ford clutch, master and slave cylinder, machined fly-wheel
  • Full synthetic fluid changes on engine, transmission and differentials (within 2000 miles) – I have only used Royal Purple synthetic in the truck since owning it.
  • Ball Joints (greasable Moogs) around 15,000 miles ago
  • New Batteries (about 10,000 miles ago)
  • New Alternator (about 10,000 miles ago)
  • New tires (about 10,000 miles ago ~80% wear left)
  • New rear springs (less than 1,000 miles ago)
  • Brakes (about 25,000 miles ago ~70% wear left on pads)
  • New front hubs/wheel bearings (about 15,000 miles ago)
  • New parking brake cables and assembly (about 10,000 miles ago)
  • Front driveshaft completely re-built (about 15,000 miles ago)
  • New passenger door window motor (about 5,000 miles ago)

Interior is in good condition, some small discoloration marks here and there if you look close, but nothing major.
Exterior looks great from ~15ft, but if you get close, it does have some rock chips and scratches on the clear coat. There are also two small dings, one on the front bumper, and another (hardly noticeable) on the front passenger side fender which you can see in the photos.

Other things of note is; the power door locks don’t currently work – there is a relatively straight forward (and cheap) fix for them, but I have never needed/wanted them, so didn’t bother, the rear main seal on the engine weeps a bit, it’s not really noticeable apart from the fact that if you park in the same spot all the time it may leave a drop or 2 of oil. Apart from that, all other electrics are working great and the A/C blows (very) cold.

Exterior
DSC00563.JPG

DSC00550.JPG

DSC00551.JPG

DSC00552.JPG

DSC00553.JPG

DSC00554.JPG

DSC00555.JPG

DSC00556.JPG

DSC00559.JPG

DSC00560.JPG

DSC00561.JPG

DSC00570.JPG

Two dents
DSC00562.JPG

DSC00557.JPG

Interior
DSC00565.JPG

DSC00566.JPG

DSC00569.JPG

I am a former engineer with Ford on these trucks, and also admin ford-trucks.com (username "BigF350"), and would happily drive this truck across the country – I’d even be happy to drive it around the world! 
I am based in Santa Monica, CA, but if you are interested in the truck and are out of town, I can pick you up from the airport and/or can help with transportation of the truck.

If you have any questions about the truck, would like more photos, you are more than welcome to contact me: e-mail: adrian@tasmadrianharris.com I can also be reached on: 310 912 4688 (preferably after 6pm PST)

Thanks,
Adrian

Edited by BigF350, 03 September 2013 - 01:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users