14 replies to this topic

#1 Hellagood_02

Hellagood_02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hello,

I am a first time Alaskan owner. I just acquired a 1971 Chevy c30 Cheyenne with a 10' Halldon cargo bed and 12' alaskan non-cab over. I can't find any information on this camper. I find all kinds of information on the 8' and 10' models. I am not sure if I want to separate the truck and camper or leave them together. I am the second owner. The original owner ordered the cab and chassis brand new. Chevy sent it to Halldon for bed installation, and then it was sent to Alaskan for the camper install. I'm under the impression that this is a fairly rare unit/combo. Does anyone have any thoughts?

#2 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA.

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Contact Brain at Alaskan he may be able give you some info.  They custom make Alaskans all the time.

Oh and post up some pics :)

Edited by Buckwheat, 03 October 2013 - 03:17 AM.

#3 Hellagood_02

Hellagood_02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Can I post in this thread or do I have to post in the gallery? I can't seem to figure out how to post pics in my reply.

#4 Hellagood_02

Hellagood_02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

Here it is. I have more pics but they are to large. I am trying to figure out how to make the file smaller

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#5 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

special order custom rig...very nice

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#6 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

Very cool

#7 Mike S.

Mike S.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationHope, B.C.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

Yes!  You are one lucky man.  Custom for sure and very nice. 

99 Dodge 2500 4x4 Diesel, 94 CO Alaskan 10', 10 ply BFGs Air bags,  VE7YHE

#8 RoadHermit

RoadHermit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Nice! How about some interior pics.

#9 Hellagood_02

Hellagood_02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

I am selling a 1970 12' Alaskan NCO, $1000 OBO. This is a rare unit. This camper needs some work and should be considered a restoration project.

This unit is complete other than the toilet and table. Includes 3 burner stove, fridge, and furnace. Two large windows on each side, intact. All plumbing for gas and water intact.

Cabinetry needs refinishing. External damage left rear top, resulting in some structural dry-rot.... Extent unknown. Ceiling has is dry and rough. Water damage around rear roof vent. Weather striping between top and bottom is gone. Top lifts completely. Hydraulic leak on left rear cylinder.

Please call or email and I will be more than happy to send pictures.

Keith

#10 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

that sounds like both of my campers when i got them.it all sounds fixable though. mine were a lot cheaper to start with ,so the repairs didn't hurt the wallet so much.  where are you located?  i'd sure like to see a rig this rare. i bet that thing is roomy! i did see an old advertisement with a pic of that size rig with the double windows.

wes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users