• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BozemanHawk

BozemanHawk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

Any harm in keeping camper on raised jacks all winter. That way I can just get the nose of my car under the floor of the camper and get both in the garage. Too much weight and stress on the jacks for a long period??maybe I should just head south and camp instead!!

#2 rotti

rotti

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • LocationMile High

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

I would use this system: http://www.jaysnest.net/x-braces.htm

Use the jacks just for additional support/balance.

2012 Chevy 2500HD 4WD LTZ CCSB gas
2012 FWC Hawk

#3 BozemanHawk

BozemanHawk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

Thx, Looks good, but my pop up camper is only 1200 lbs.
Still better to support instead of jacks? Not sure hood of car will fit if using other support.

#4 LuckyDan

LuckyDan

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • LocationBased in Eastern, NOW CENTRAL Oregon

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

I would go with something under the floor in addition to the jacks if you can.  If your car isn't too wide maybe a couple of 4x4's across the floor to saw horses or other supports that run paralell(sp) to the camper and thus your car hood.  While the jacks should hold it up without issue weight wise they do not allow much torshional(sp) support if you bump the camper with your car or floor support if you need to get into the camper.  Allow me to highjack your thread.  For the technologically challanged, which I consider myself a group member, what happened to the spell check on here?  How do I turn it back on?  Anyone want ot post a helpful note? 

Let us know what you come up with.  

Old, bum around in Ford and an even older FWC Grandby

New Mantra: "Everyday camping is just making up for lost time"

#5 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Allow me to highjack your thread. For the technologically challanged, which I consider myself a group member, what happened to the spell check on here? How do I turn it back on? Anyone want ot post a helpful note?

I don't know for sure the answer... But while I'm typing this I do see a couple of words highlighted as if spelled incorrectly (such as "challanged"), but the misspelled highlighting seems to come from my browser (Google Chrome), not a function of the WTW website.  It seems, at least some of the time, that it doesn't start noticing the misspelled words until I hit Enter to move down a line.... :huh:

What browser are you using LuckyDan? Is there an option to turn on spell check in your browser?

In the Chrome browser you can enable spell checking by clicking on this sequence:

Chrome-settings-01.jpg
Settings>Show advanced settings>Languages>Language and input settings
which brings up this window:

Chrome-Spell-check-01.jpg

And when I access the site with Internet Explorer 10 it notices/highlights spelling errors too...though I don't know where that's turned on in IE.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#6 LuckyDan

LuckyDan

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • LocationBased in Eastern, NOW CENTRAL Oregon

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

Ok I've learned something.  The spell check is probably a browser function not a site function, thus why I can't find a spell check function on the toobar thingy above my lines of type.  I use Mozilla Firefox usually, and whatever the hotel has set up as I type this. 

Thanks for the reply.  Spell check is one of the great equalizers of modern times.

Old, bum around in Ford and an even older FWC Grandby

New Mantra: "Everyday camping is just making up for lost time"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users