#1 myout

myout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLost Coast

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

How do I post pics again?

Got floor rot so we will be taking it off truck and replacing that this weekend I think...any tips?
Its the laminate interior but my man is a cabinet maker so we are talking redoing interior completely. It has stickers from a bunch of states so it got around... Every thing works luckily!

#2 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA.

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:50 AM

Congrats. 

To post a picture here upload your picture to a picture hosting site like photobucket or simular site or to facebook then copy the link to the picture then post it here

#3 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

Floor rot is a major item....a few ways to deal with it

1. go the long way...replacing the floor

2. go the short way...overlay it...Redwood ply if you can find 5/8 or 3/4....then raise it off the truck bed with 5/8" strips side to side

3. piece it...removing  and replacing the rotted sections only...then overlay the entire bottom

make sure you create a ventilation space under the camper, between the bed of the truck and the bottom of the camper...

Edited by Rusty, 30 November 2013 - 05:12 PM.

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#4 myout

myout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLost Coast

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

Did full floor replacement with marine grade painted plywood. Now we are getting ready to replace the interior wood and cabinets... It is a side dinette but we decided to pull that out and replace with a box the entire length so will have bigger bed and huge storage space. So how do you separate the top and bottom? Can someone point me to instructions already here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users