2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#53 N'kwala

N'kwala

Geezelle

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Locationwest coast

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

All good wishes for the new camper.  I look forward to reading about the next step.

#54 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

It was Thursday afternoon.

“Can you back a truck under a camper?” Marty asked me.

“Like I’ve never done it before?” I answered knowing Marty was kidding.

I got in the driver’s seat and wondered if I’d embarrass myself. Four years ago this operation scared the crap out of me. Both the Lady and I have gotten much better. With Marty on one side and Brad on the other, easily visible in the side mirrors, it was only a few moments – “You’re there. Cut the motor.”

Our new camper was on our truck.

gallery_1902_710_81453.jpg

gallery_1902_710_89033.jpg

We could not be happier with the quality of these guys work and the camper they built and the care they took in making this dream come true for us. It looks right at home, right in its place.

I asked the guys to pose for a group photo, Jeff, Marty, the Lady, Brad, and Chad.

gallery_1902_710_107843.jpg

Again, a big thank you to All Terrain Campers allowing me to document the building of our camper and taking photos for me when I was not there.

Yes, I was in the camper before dawn this morning. I checked my drawings and notes and plans. All the placements of wiring and other layout to help with how the interior will be built are right on. Thanks again guys! This is great! On with the build.

To be continued.............................

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#55 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

So, you guys got the ski3pin signature model All Terrain Camper, eh?

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#56 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

Yeeeeeee-hawwwwww! I love that it has the blog title on it. Looking forward to watching the interior build out progress now.

Looks like the ATC crew is going with the Duck Dynasty look. Let those beards grow out another year or so and they'll be set. :P

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#57 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

So, you guys got the ski3pin signature model All Terrain Camper, eh?

Yeeeeeee-hawwwwww! I love that it has the blog title on it.

They have a real cool decal machine for all their logos. Brad handles that work. We had talked about the ski3pin name and the blog and gave the go ahead to Brad to come up with something he thought would look good. We are, of course, really happy with the complete finished package. :) Thanks again Brad!

Stew, "ski3pin signature model", thanks for the chuckle this morning. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#58 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,297 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

Ski and Lady,very nice looking.I was going to ask if you were getting the "storm" flaps but I see they are there.

IMO don't know why these have been deleted from some builders campers.I find them extremely handy,rain,or sun they are a must for me.

Have a great time with the finishing work.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#59 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

Ski and Lady,very nice looking.I was going to ask if you were getting the "storm" flaps but I see they are there.

Going without storm flaps, from our experience, is like not carrying the 10 essentials in your pack. It is a whole lot more sewing to make the sideliner with the outside flaps but I sure like the option of having them.

#60 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

This is the best build out thread EVER! Can't say enough good things about ATC. Is the cabover extended? Its hard to tell in the photo. Congrats!

I don't believe All Terrain calls it an extended cabover, although it is 47 inches. It is the only size they make, I believe. And from watching how these campers are built, I see it really makes sense. The wide aluminum channel that is the top edge of the side frames and is then bent around the bed board, it only comes in a standard length, enough to do what you might call "the extended bed." The melamine ply used for the bed board is in standard 4 x 8 sheets, so 48 inches with one inch over the front wall makes a nice size cabover.. To do a shorter cabover means you cut off material and add it to the scrap pile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users