12 replies to this topic

#11 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

I am using an 85 watt panel (our new ones are larger) a 75ah Interstate and an Engel MT45.  All lights are LED.  I can freeze water in Death Valley in July and never run out of battery.  We have sat on the beach in Baja for 8 to 10 days and even over night we have lights fridge and the heater if we needed it.  I too am no expert but it seems to me that this works pretty well.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#12 Marshfly

Marshfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

I use an engel 45 in the camper for food and a Yeti 50 in the back seat of the truck for drinks. Once the yeti is chilled, I can buy block ice and not drain the melt and get about half a week opening it multiple times a day. I figure that if my ice melts totally, I can throw a few beers in the fridge to chill in a pinch, but I can't do the opposite with my cheese and meat. I have found that for my needs, staying in one place for 3-4 days at most, this setup works best. By the time I need food, I need ice anyway.

2014 Ram 3500 Crew 4wd Cummins, 2013 Lance 855

#13 Captm

Captm

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

Hi Bill,
I have a Truckfridge TF130 that I installed in my Flippac, and am really happy with it. Previously I used a Edgestar 43 but wanted a front loader and more volume. Every time I open TF130 the blue light that goes on inside is like my smile that I have knowing that I made the right choice. The shelf level options work for me along with flip-up section for tall items. I feel that the power draw is a little high when on (4.8ah), although it is equaled out by the fact that it doesn't run that often. I don't have the on/off numbers -just going by my battery monitor . The freezer section is great - last trip we had two chicken breasts, 1.25 lbs. of hamburger and ice for cocktails. Unfortunately it is an inch too tall to fit in my Fleet Shell which I recently ordered. I will be going with a TF 65, less volume but I'm sure that the quality and operation will be the same.
My less than year old TF130 is for sale.
Cheers

Edited by Captm, 21 November 2013 - 02:40 AM.

2005 Tacoma Dbl cab LB 4x4

2014 Fleet shell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users