13 replies to this topic

#1 fisharizona

fisharizona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:01 AM

After searching for months, Im getting desperate and trying all methods possible. Anyone interested in selling their FWC Hawk (or have any leads)? Its amazing how fast they are selling these days.

We have a 2nd Gen Tundra and are ideally looking for the front dinette option, but side dinette would work as well. Must be the extended cabover version. We have 2 young boys, so customization will happen regardless (hopefully build thread to start soon!) Budget is 5-8k ideally...Were in Flagstaff, AZ and will travel almost as far as it takes!

Thanks WTW, hopefully we'll be posting a proper intro soon!

DP

#2 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:19 AM

Good luck on your search. Clean Hawks go quick. I sold my 2002 Hawk, side Dinette without the extended cabover in one day after putting it on Craigslist. It sold at the top of your price range.  Search daily with Search Tempest or Daily Lister  be ready to buy if you see what you want.

Not a FWC but in your price range saw this today looking at the search tempest.   I know nothing about this brand.

#3 fisharizona

fisharizona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:09 AM

Thanks Bill for the info. Ive been on Search Tempest about 5 times daily for at least 6 months! The FWC you just got I would have bought in a heartbeat. (Or the one you sold)...its amazing how the right camper gets listed when Im not paying attention...

After thinking I would consider an FWC, Hallmark, Outfitter or Northstar, I decided that the FWC Hawk is perfect. I need to be able to tow a small trailer at times and the weight/construction of the FWC won out.

#4 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

I know someone selling his truck & camper together. But I don't think will part things out.

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#5 fisharizona

fisharizona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:31 AM

If they decides to break up the package, please let me know. Im keeping my Tundra, its low mile and I know where its been...although the 1/2 ton diesels coming out over the next few years are intriguing.

I appreciate your help!

#6 JHa6av8r

JHa6av8r

• Validating
  • 510 posts
  • Location.

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:08 AM

If they decides to break up the package, please let me know. Im keeping my Tundra, its low mile and I know where its been...although the 1/2 ton diesels coming out over the next few years are intriguing.

I appreciate your help!

You could see what he wants for them together and see if the numbers work out to sell the truck and keep the camper. Just an idea.

#7 wetcoast

wetcoast

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

8k would get you in a shell and you can save the time spent on the web, modifying a great solid product?

Just a thought, especially if there is a lot of old cheap rv's in your area, then you can pick up parts cheap.

#8 fisharizona

fisharizona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

8k would get you in a shell and you can save the time spent on the web, modifying a great solid product?

Just a thought, especially if there is a lot of old cheap rv's in your area, then you can pick up parts cheap.

Ive actually talked to Stan about this option and it almost happened, but Id rather find a decent older one more equipped for those prices. I'd spend more if it was right, but I set a budget I'd like to stick too...this all started with looking at $2-3k Northstars and cascaded from there, so the wife is starting to question my sanity!

There's a Hawk shell in Flagstaff right now for 6k, but its TOO basic; adding things like a heater, windows, stove, etc will add up quick; and the time it takes to do that stuff isnt available these days (wish it was!)...Thank you guys for your help, I appreciate your efforts and input.

#9 Chip

Chip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

I have a 2012 Hawk Shell with stove, heater, and rollover couch. Check Craigslist out of Waco, Texas. cell  =three 25-four five one 7 eight two 8

Edited by Chip, 16 December 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#10 fisharizona

fisharizona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

Success! 

Id like to thank Chip (above) for replying to this post! Just got back last night from a 15 hour turnaround trip to Roswell NM to pick up my new to me 2012 Hawk shell! 

It was a brutal return trip, but WELL worth it. Chip is a great guy, and I was glad to meet him. The Tundra did great with the camper, and mileage wasnt too bad (12mpg)...now to start the mods. 

Once I figure out how to post pics, Ill start a thread of what Im doing with it. Were off to start our maiden trip in couple of days, cant wait.

Happy Holidays WTW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users