#71 Stereo

Stereo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationLouisville, CO

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:54 AM

Any updates or photos of your interior? I'm especially interested in how much your camper ended up weighing since you were being careful with that.

Edited by Stereo, 13 September 2015 - 04:37 PM.

#72 super doody

super doody

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSan Mateo Coast

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:11 AM

There are some complete interior shots and it looks really nice. Check out messmerwest on instagram

2003 Tacoma 4X4 - 2007 FWC Eagle shell

2006 Tundra Double Cab - 2015 Hawk - side dinette, silver spur interior

#73 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:38 PM

Hey Captm, saw you got a composting toilet:) How do you like it and how long before needing to empty. Did you install yourself and if so (I'm thinking you did) how did you vent it. Thanks! Love the kitchen pic :)

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#74 Captm

Captm

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:13 PM

Stereo - when we decided to full time it I changed direction from weight conscious to wife happy mode. I have not weighed the rig but it is definitely lighter than when we started after pairing down on what we really didn't need.

Happyjax - We really like our AirHead Composting Toilet, having decided on this over other brands after talking to friends who have them in their boats. Initially I vented it strait down although the fragrance lingered under the overhang of the camper. I then connected pvc to
the vent and routed it up. When we get to free wifi I'll post some pics.

Cheers

2005 Tacoma Dbl cab LB 4x4

2014 Fleet shell

#75 CoreyTrevor

CoreyTrevor

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEastern Sierra

Posted 27 June 2020 - 07:32 PM

Sorry to bring this back from the dead. I was going to PM Captm but thought someone else might be interested.

You mentioned putting Reflectix between your wall panels and the frame/styrofoam. I have all my wall panels off and want to do something to insulate, but Reflectix looks to be .3125" thick, and I'm envisioning problems fitting it all back together with that in there. I wondered if the 1/8" thick type would be better. It wouldn't give much R-value, but I think keeping the aluminum and wood from touching would do some good.

I couldn't see in your thread what the final result was. Could you elaborate on what you ended up using and doing and if you ran into problems, if you even still remember?   :P

Thanks!

2012 Eagle Shell on 2006 Dodge Quadcab CTD 4wd 6-speed

#76 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:07 AM

for my walls, I used 1" rigid foam, and stuffed smaller cracks with pink fiberglass.  Then used aluminum duct tape to make a tight air seal everywhere.

For the ceiling, much the same, but with 1/8" reflectix between the foam and the cloth ceiling liner. 

Regardless, you will have alum to wood contact in most places, and at minimum, the screws/staples you use will be going into metal.

#77 CoreyTrevor

CoreyTrevor

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEastern Sierra

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:27 AM

There are a lot of areas in my walls that are just air space. I do want to fill as much as I can with loose fiberglass. I think I can fit 1/8" bubble insulation behind the wall panels to break the thermal path and get somewhat of an air seal.

I had an idea for the ceiling. Without taking apart my perfect ceiling, I thought of using the white double bubble stuff across the whole ceiling, and attaching it over the wood strips with another layer of strips. This would give a radiant barrier and a bit of R value from the bubble layer and also a small air gap between ceiling and bubble layer. I think it would look ok and not much different than what is there now.

2012 Eagle Shell on 2006 Dodge Quadcab CTD 4wd 6-speed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users