• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:24 AM

Check my gallery for my fridge install with a copper heat sync and a couple computer fans...works great....

venting any combustion to the interior is a real bad idea....my refer box is lined with steel and fire caulked...an extra 15-20 minutes to get out of dodge just in case

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#22 wild

wild

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationRedding, CA

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

Hello again.......Back at the beginning of the posts on this subject I mentioned evaluating the use of flow controls in order to more uniformly raise and lower my cabover top. Before taking that route I tried weighting the back end of the top to achieve a more equal weight on the front and back cylinders. I ended up finding that 80lbs. added to the rear allowed me to raise and lower evenly with only the slightest guidance needed on the rear entry handle. It worked repeatedly with the same result. Prior to this I had cleaned and lubticated the SS guides and made sure there were no screws or pieces interfearing with the lift/lower process.

I realize that no two Alaskans have the same lift characteristics and that my results probably only apply to my camper, but I wanted to pass my findings on in case they would be of help to others.

wild

#23 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

It's been so long I'd forgotten where the fan reference was....and then the pics mysteriously disappeared off the puter....took new ones

4kuf.jpg

y7zv.jpg

Edited by Rusty, 24 February 2014 - 10:25 PM.

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users