7 replies to this topic

#1 Marshfly

Marshfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

Up for sale is my 2011 ATC Cougar. It was a great first camper for us but momma wants something with a few more niceties and room now that baby number 2 is in the cards.

This camper is very lightly used and in great condition. It includes a treated platform to raise it 1.5” if your newer truck has higher bedsides. (My 2009 Ford F150 needed it.) I have built brackets that attach to the jack brackets to attach the awning legs to so you don’t have to strap them down or worry about knocking into them. I have also built wooden/velcro brackets to brace the rain flaps out like awnings over the windows. These work great and help to keep the heat down in the summer but you can still see out of the windows when they are raised. Lastly, I ditched the junky stock water pump/ faucet combo for a stronger on-demand pump and an adjustable flow faucet so you can actually wash dishes like at home. This works awesome and should be standard on these campers. Overall this is a great camper that served us well on two week trips into the Colorado and Wyoming backcountry. All systems work. The camper has always been stored with the top up in a garage to preserve the vinyl.

Since I am the second owner I’ll list options as I can figure them out from the ATC website.

Engel 45 chest Fridge/freeze
Fantastic Fan 3 speed/ reversible
Furnace- 16,000 BTU
Small rear wall window
Electric water pump (Upgraded by me)
Mechanical Jacks with brackets
Auxiliary Battery System (Fairly new Diehard Platinum AGM Group 31)
Dometic Awning on Passenger side
Awning Light (on driver and passenger side)
LED Bulb Upgrade (all running, porch, and interior lights are LED)
12 volt accessory plug (one behind the fridge for Engel and one on cabinet face)
Slide out for extended bed (makes into a real queen size bed)
110 volt system (This is pretty much a system where you can plug the camper into an outlet somewhere and have 110 inside. It would be fairly easy to rig an inverter through this system as well, I just haven’t done it.)
Prewire for solar panel.
Roof lifting gas struts (one front strut needs new plastic ends. I can try to source them from ATC for the buyer)
Table

The couch inside will sleep an adult comfortably. It makes into a pseudo dinette with the included table. We never used it as such since we spent most of our time outside and ate all meals outside. I’d have to look in my attic for those other cushions.

This camper as priced today on the ATC website is a little over $15,000 plus the $900 Engel and the new $300 AGM battery.
It is located in South Louisiana unfortunately, but I could be easily persuaded to deliver to the southern Rockys or Central East Coast for the right deal.

I am asking $10,000.
brianatrushing-mediadotcom

First pic just to show how the awning and storm flaps work. The rest to show vinyl condition and interior layout. Otherwise it's exactly like the images on ATC's website.

smugshot_8117885-L.jpg

DSC_0310-L.jpg

DSC_0311-L.jpg

DSC_0312-L.jpg

Edited by Marshfly, 10 March 2014 - 03:18 PM.

2014 Ram 3500 Crew 4wd Cummins, 2013 Lance 855

#2 Marshfly

Marshfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

Price drop to $11,500.

#3 Texan76

Texan76

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

How well does your f-150 shortbed haul the longbed camper? Are you using airbags or anything?

#4 Marshfly

Marshfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

I'm using airbags and a Helwig sway bar. I inflate the airbags to about 30 pounds which is low. Also upgraded to E range tires, Although I did make a 1000 mile each way trip to Miami with the stock Pmetric tires.

The only reason I'm selling it is to get a larger hard side. We make trips to the Everglades also and spending all night inside due to mosquitos is quite different than hanging out by the fire under the stars. A bigger truck is on order.

If I were keeping it, this truck would be fine. Last summer I did a 2 week trip to Wyoming and Colorado with my wife and 3yo. The truck and camper did 80mph on the highway just fine and crossed Stoney and Cinnamon passes in Colorado and Union Pass in Wyoming. All three are fairly rough 4wd passes. The way I figured it was that tons of Tacomas carry these things with 80-90psi in the bags all over the country. The fact that I could get back to stock height with only 30psi reassured me that I was fine. A 4500 mile trip through the Rockies confirmed that.

#5 Marshfly

Marshfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:20 AM

Offers? This beauty needs to go so I have space for its much less expo-worthy replacement.

Why buy a 6.5ft camper when this will work fine in your short bed truck and give you a ton more space?

#6 Marshfly

Marshfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

Another price drop.
$11,000

#7 Marshfly

Marshfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

Another price drop to $10,000. Spring is coming. I'd much rather sell this to someone here or on Expo rather than trading it.

#8 Marshfly

Marshfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:42 AM

This camper has been traded to Princess Craft in Austin, TX for an extremely lightly used Lance 855 to put on the new Ram 3500 SRW. Just got back from the first two night trip a few hours ago and head out for a 9 day trip to the four corners next week. I'll miss the low clearance of the popup but with our current family of three with another on the way in a few months, we needed more space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users