42 replies to this topic

#41 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:12 AM

Been sitting on the material and box for some time...finally got off my butt and got it done!

Big thanks to our rack-building forefathers, couldn't have done it without you guys!

I went with #10 hardware for the mounts, grade 8 bolts for the crossbars - should be pretty bomber. No more sleeping on top of my snowboards, yeah!!! B)

Sweet! Mine are still going strong after 4 1/2 years of abuse. Sounds like you're set.

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#42 SoCalPopupnewbie

SoCalPopupnewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 January 2020 - 09:37 PM

Roof rack https://imgur.com/gallery/TrrvSii

Thank you for everyone's input on this thread. Just finished my roof rack. 1.5 inch aluminum mounting brackets and crossbars. Mounted to the camper with #10 3/4" self tappers. Crossbars bolted on with 1/4" bolts, washers, and locking nuts. All sealed up with clear silicone. Couldn't have done it without this thread.

#43 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 01 February 2020 - 02:55 AM

Dang newbie, nearly a 13 year old thread still helping folks out, so great to hear .
As an update, I am happy to report my old, $78 racks are still doing their job, hauling surfboards and kayaks to Baja without fail, all these years later.  Here’s to you having the same luck. 

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users