• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:09 AM

I recently received an e-mail from a member here regarding the threshold I used to replace the little thin strip of sheet aluminum used for the threshold in the original construction.  Those pieces tend to wear out and provide access for water intrusion at the rear under the door.

The piece I used was a score from a remodel of an old mortuary to an architects office....

Dead Designs.........just kidding.....i worked there ;)

It's a threshold piece which has long been outdated and I was very fortunate to secure it...and there was only enough for one door,  It was a Pemco threshold.  Looking at Vol 10, Pemco catalog it would appear close in shape to a 2002_Q on page 43...or a 200_ on page 42.  I have a picture of it in my gallery...but keep in mind...I did a bit of shaping on the exterior side.  The interior side has a lip which nicely fits over the tight, commercial carpet I have in there.  Carefully seal under the rear with a good bead of urethane caulk if you apply something like this. 

It's always an ongoing project to upgrade existing conditions and fittings.  I live by recycle and re-use...which drives my wife crazy...until the very piece she was complaining about my stopping for, fits so perfectly it couldn't have been made for the spot any better.

I'll continue to look for the slice of the original threshold I took to preserve the profile just for moments like this...but as you know, Where in the heck did I put it 10 years ago??...LOL

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#2 nixfwc

nixfwc

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:03 AM

Thanks Rusty. I appreciate your looking into this for me. I will also look for a Pemco catalog that might show the threshold. If something does not show eventually I may try to make one from a wooden threshold or a piece of oak. I have yet to find an aluminum piece that would do the job. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users