66 replies to this topic

#51 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

Since this is the staging area for the Fordyce Trail, I would be concerned about large groups camping here most of the summer through September. My vote would be for the first weekend in October. Probably less people, likely to have some Fall colors, cooler weather, and maybe fire restrictions will be lifted by then (though that is unlikely this year).

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#52 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,029 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:20 PM

Could be some groups but then again the area can handle a number of large groups. Sept 6,7th works for me but so would October.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#53 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,605 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:22 PM

Since this is the staging area for the Fordyce Trail, I would be concerned about large groups camping here most of the summer through September. My vote would be for the first weekend in October. Probably less people, likely to have some Fall colors, cooler weather, and maybe fire restrictions will be lifted by then (though that is unlikely this year).

Is it too late to change my vote?  :huh:

OK, then I like Ted's proposal for when -- October 3 - 5 -- or even the following weekend. :)

One advantage for me in having the Rally a little later, which I didn't think of until now:

It makes it attractive for the Rally weekend to be the beginning of a larger trip to the south, a possible "fall color" trip.  It makes it more worthwhile for me to make the 425+ mile (one-way) drive.
The last two WTW Rallies were in early October (WTW October Pork Rally and October Black Rock?), and both kicked off larger trips for me in 2010 and 2011.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#54 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:16 AM

Either weekend will work for me.  If we can get agreement soon time to set a date looks like the location is nailed down.

Bill

#55 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:25 PM

No one has ever accused me of having a great memory. Fortunately my wife is there to remind me of things planned that I would otherwise probably miss in my oblivion. I have a professional exam on October 8th, so the first weekend in October is not an option for me. If we do October, it will have to be the second weekend for me. Since the exam is a Wednesday, I'd probably take Thursday and Friday off to extend the weekend and get to the lake before the weekend crowd and grab a good location. Since Fishmore suggested the location, hopefully this will work for him.

So October 9-12?

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#56 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:40 PM

I can do Oct 9-12.   This is better for me  as the Tahoe Kokanee Salmon Festival at Taylor Creek is on Oct 4, 5.

Mark me as a yes. Can a moderator start a list of those going?

#57 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:59 AM

Looking like we'll hopefully be in the vicinity of Hole in the Rock during the proposed dates. So we're out.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#58 fish more

fish more

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationSierra Foothills

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:03 AM

So whats going to be the date that would work for most of us, let's flip  coin !!

#59 clikrf8

clikrf8

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

We are currently camped at Huuricane Creek outside of Enterprise, Oregon with 1 bar for wifi. That second weekend in October would work for us. We leave right after Labor Day to photograph fall color in Western Wyoming to return early October. After a week home to out garden to bed and winterized, we have a trip planned for southeast Utah/ Northeast Arizona so could head south for October 9-12. We left 3 weeks ago and are wandering our way home. TR in a week or so. Fabulous time wandering throughout the West: Condon, Oregon area/South Fork John Day River/Steens Mountain/Monitor and Antelope Valleys and their canyons, Nevada/ North Rim a Grand Canyon/House Rock Valley Road/Cottonwood Canyon Road/Bryce/Cedar Breaks/Ruby Mountains-Lamoille Canyon/ Wallowa Mts/ and on to Palouse through eastern Washington to home. Whew!,,,
2008 Ford F250 diesel 4x4 off road pkg 2013 Hallmark Ute http://www.clikrf8images.com/ http://clikrf8.wordp...com/2010/09/01/

#60 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,605 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

Let's say October 10 - 12 at Meadow Lake, CA (near Truckee).

OK?

...unless someone puts together a contingent that wants a different weekend very badly.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users