• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lqhikers

lqhikers

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • Locationla quinta calif

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

left La Quinta on the 1st of Jan outside of Mecca Ca. at box canyon got on the canal rd that goes along the All American Canal for the next 30 miles till we came to the Bradshaw trail along this route there are a lot of side washes and canyons to explore good place to do some 4 wheeling.this time we did not take rail bikes as we planed to explore some of the areas that are new to us between the Salton Sea and Blythe.found this bomb out side of the bombing range,guess they missed the target! picture of windmill is about half way,a nice place to camp as there are a lot of interesting mines,etc in area,there is a watering seep at this location which make for a good place to watch wildlife.it used to be a pretty good sized ranch/mine? location ,not to much left,i remember from years ago there was old buildings etc,but fellow travelers have burned,tore down so now there is not much to see,shame.after enjoying a clear quite night we drove on to Quartsite Az,spent a night outside of town then spent a few hours wandering around looking at all the people and stuff,makes me glad i don't collect rocks,i think that could get heavy real fast.drove over to Glimas and watched the sand cars/buggies,etc till the wind got to bad,on way home had to side trip it to slab city (at Niland) to snap a picture of our favorite folk art (salvation mt.) always something new added.all in all a nice trip no rain,just lits of clouds.drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

Attached Thumbnails

• P1000866 (Small).JPG
  • P1000872 (Small).JPG
  • P1000876 (Small).JPG
  • P1000879 (Small).JPG
  • P1000880 (Small).JPG

#2 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:54 PM

Another good report, thanks. Man LQ, you even have a satellite system in that rig!

#3 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:54 AM

Another nice post. Love the sunset/sunrise pic.

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#4 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:11 PM

Great pics. thanks for posting.

Marc

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#5 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

lqhikers, awesome as usual...thanks!

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users