• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RubberTramp

RubberTramp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:10 AM

WanderTheWest RubberTramp bdylan                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Hi Guys

I'm in the process of putting together a Hallmark popup truck camper.

Anyone have experience with Dometics SMEV sink and/or stove units.  I've read a few complaints, but really like the idea. Anyone know of similar products?

Thanks

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:39 PM

We have had this model SMEV stove in two campers, not from this seller.

Smev 8022

This is the model with the igniter built in, different than what FWC offers. I do not know about Hallmark. It is a good stove. You will need to learn how to take the burner apart the first time you spill water. Not hard to do but you will need a torx driver (A dometic change) for the two screws. I have a little kit including driver and some steel wool to clean up the burner parts as needed.

It cooks well with fairly decent flame control. Is it worth the money? Hard to say and will leave that to you. we like the flush mount and glass lid.

The literature claims in burns more efficiently and cleaner putting out less CO2. I have no way of confirming that claim.

The match oval sink is nice. If you are going SMEV you are going to do both.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#3 Shap

Shap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:14 AM

I installed a SMEV 2 burner sink combo into an existing table top in my Romin Chariot Popup Camper.  I bought the stove/sink combo from Panther RV.  I installed a Rocket hand pump for the sink which sucks out of a 5 gallon jug under the sink. I have a bulk tank hooked up to the stove.  It works great and I have no complaints.  

http://panther-rvpro....m1plqscsfapp01

IMG_3202.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users