• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dizzyspots

dizzyspots

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:25 AM

so...I have a 12v/propane Dometic frig in my pop up truck camper. New to me, I fired up the propane side this morning...made sure the camper was level and set it on MAX...tonight when I got hoe, I checked it and it was cool inside but not cold...what should I expect out of this style frig. The camper is inside the garage,,outside temp was 90..unknow what is was in the insulated , attached garage???

#2 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,297 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:59 PM

so...I have a 12v/propane Dometic frig in my pop up truck camper. New to me, I fired up the propane side this morning...made sure the camper was level and set it on MAX...tonight when I got hoe, I checked it and it was cool inside but not cold...what should I expect out of this style frig. The camper is inside the garage,,outside temp was 90..unknow what is was in the insulated , attached garage???

We also have a 3way. When camping I start it at home on 120v set on high,a couple days before we leave.

After packing it up with the frozen food we take I leave it on high,both for 12v and propane.

Our last trip the outside temps were in the 80s during the day and low 50s at night.

The temps on propane were in the mid 30s during the day and high 20s at night.

We use ours as a freezer and also have a Truckfridge cooler in the rear of the Tundra.

I also keep two half gallon jugs pre frozen in the 3 way. That way it gives it some added protection from high temps.

Usually at the end of a trip the water jugs are still frozen.

We find that this setup works well for us,especially for a 3 day ferry ride when there isn't any way to run the fridge.

Also something to keep in mind the camper needs to be somewhat level to have the 3way work at it's best.

I also use one of the remote thermometers,from Wal Mart or some place like that.They are very inexpensive and work well. They give me the temp inside the fridge and the camper.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users