19 replies to this topic

#11 Tetonrvr

Tetonrvr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMONTANA

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:54 PM

An orange Home depot bucket,  a china mart seat,  double trash bagged the just kittie litter to soak up the liquids,  change it out as needed. 

#12 Accrete

Accrete

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationExploring the western, USA

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

that "Restop commode" looks well made and nice for the non DIY'ers out there. That is basically what my wife and i were using since about 2007 in various camp/rig setups. We have switched over to utilizing the dometic 300 series in van and TT for liquid only, and then placing a 4 gallon plastic bag with natural kitty litter primer in bag into the "bowl" of the dometic and using that for solids. We will easily get a whole week of camping done this way before having to empty the dometic's liquid waste. We made the switch as the smell from the luggable loo was a bit ripe even by morning if using it for liquids at night in the rig. . . Though i usually used a 64oz Stanley thermos :)

Thom

Blogging from the WET! Coast of Oregon USA
2010 Chevy Express AWD Light Overland Vehicle
"You don't have to understand here, to be here." Charlie Crews

#13 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

Cleanwaste PETT toilette for me. I can use it for cat sanitation when appropriate ... And in the camper with Wagbags Waste goes in the garbage. Stores well in my hawk. Simplicity is king.

Wagbags with a folding throne or P-bottles when not using the great outdoors.

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#14 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,602 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

I just ordered one of these:  Reliance Hassock Toilet

It's one of the cheapest but has excellent reviews on Amazon.com.  I plan to use it with deodorizing, clumping kitty litter, which several reviewers say works great.

May get a chance to try it out at the upcoming Rally.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#15 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:00 PM

Too tall to fit where my porta potty is. Nice upgrade to a five gallon bucket though.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#16 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,602 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:25 PM

Too tall to fit where my porta potty is. Nice upgrade to a five gallon bucket though.

That's a good point -- it won't fit in the designated spot in mine either (2005 FWC Hawk).

But I probably won't bring this on most trips, I only decided to get it because of the Rally -- with a good chance of locked toilets combined with a big group.  So inconvenient storage is OK for me once in a while.

Usually when I boondock I do what cats do... ;)

In my camper that intended porta-potty storage spot is where I store my Weber "Go-Anywhere" gas grill, so it's not available anyway.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#17 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

Here's my "Go To" for when I bring a toilet along.  It's only $65.00 from Walmart Online and the 5 gallon black water tank in good for a family.

http://www.walmart.c...Toilet/29402399

I58NJUHgY3271_P662024_300X300.jpg

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#18 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:30 PM

If its true boondocking a hole is fine but how would a spot like our rally at green creek be if everyone did that? I try to limit my cat biz to places I know aren't likely to have others camp at. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#19 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:47 PM

If its true boondocking a hole is fine but how would a spot like our rally at green creek be if everyone did that? I try to limit my cat biz to places I know aren't likely to have others camp at. 

When we camp with a large group, we find a secluded place for one large and deep latrine hole. Just fill in a shovel of dirt when you've finished your business. For privacy, tie a bandana on a bush to show the latrine is occupied.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#20 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:37 AM

PETT and Double Doody bags.
Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

0 user(s) are reading this topic