#1 Simpleman (shanz3n5)

Simpleman (shanz3n5)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Locationcorona, ca

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:48 PM

Looking for advise on loading and unloading . my camper sits on a dolly in garage. and i tow it out to load. im on a sloped driveway. i raise the front to level and this is where the issue begins. buckling of front wall is always there even an inch at a time. any help with ideas would be great

http://s1293.photobu.../?sort=3&page=1

#2 alano

alano

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

I always try to keep my camper as level as possible (front and back as well as side to side) when raising or lowering especially the higher it is. Maybe try wood blocks under each foot trimmed with the same slope as the driveway to counteract the angle under the jacks. The pads on the jacks like to be level so the force is aligned straight up the jack before you start lifting or lowering. based on your picture I think even some 2x4s might work since the jack pads aren't too large but I'd feel more comfortable using 2x6 blocks so if the jacks walk a little bit you have a lot of margin.

Alan

#3 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:58 AM

We have a gentle slope to our driveway as well. I usually just kick the jack over (not a high tech approach) as I jack it up so it stays vertical and alternate front to back- wife usually does the opposite side simultaneously. Alano has a good idea with the beveled wood blocks. I might try that.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#4 Simpleman (shanz3n5)

Simpleman (shanz3n5)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Locationcorona, ca

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:16 AM

thanks guys. for now i think thats where im heading