138 replies to this topic

#121 codename607

codename607

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:29 PM

Hey everyone! I've been on here for a few months now and just recently saw this topic. Figured it was time to post my location.

I'm in the Army so I move around a lot. Currently live in Upstate New York but originally from NC and will be moving down to MD in a few months. 

I have a 2016 Swift on a 2016 Tacoma. I do a lot of hiking, biking and kayaking so this rig is my home on those adventures. I'm usually out every weekend doing something. 

13076782_1139391449444860_88284911181320

The journey is the reward...

#122 MuleHawk

MuleHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:51 PM

I can hit the Mississippi with a rock from my house but I'm west of it. I'll chime in anyway.

Luke in Muscatine, Iowa

2013 Tundra with a 2014 Hawk

Heading to Michigan then north to Canada and Alaska from there starting in June

#123 MuleHawk

MuleHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:52 PM

Hello, ran across this thread looking for a caravan to Alaska for 2016, anyone headed that way?  I have a 2015 Fleet purchased in Jackson Hole (great folks) on a 2015 Tacoma.  Live in the Asheville area of North Carolina, enjoy driving and visiting national parks and monuments.  Have had three sportsmobiles before settling on the FWC. 

We are heading there in July/August

#124 Rdy2Roam

Rdy2Roam

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:33 PM

Mark here in sunny Florida! no camper yet but retire next year and planning on a Alaskan camper sitting on a F350. Have property in the mountains of NC in the tri state area and plane on using that for my home base to travel up and down the east coast for a few years than I want to head out west and stay were theirs no humidity and stays below 80. 

#125 fireball

fireball

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Locationcentral PA

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:56 AM

I can hit the Mississippi with a rock from my house but I'm west of it. I'll chime in anyway.

Luke in Muscatine, Iowa

Hi MuleHawk - any photos of your setup?  I have a 2012 Tundra and just bought a used 2014 Hawk.  I am heading to pick it up over Memorial Day weekend.  Was your hawk built for the Tundra, or do you have some type of spacer/riser system underneath?  FWC tells me I need about a 2" riser to clear the bedsides of the Tundra.

#126 wi_hawk

wi_hawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGB, WI

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:47 PM

Luke in Muscatine, Iowa

Hello MuleHawk,

Enjoy the trip, been there done that and might do it again. If you are heading to MI have you given any thought of crossing Lake MI on the ferry? It leaves out of Manitowoc, WI. to Ludington, MI.  The SS Badger connects US10 on each side.

Enjoy the trip and the FWC

#127 agate

agate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTwo Harbors, MN

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:45 AM

I guess I should chime in and say I am about 150 miles NE of the Mississippi up along Lake Superior North Shore.....be glad to help any wanderthewest folk out with any details they may want regarding Superior National Forest, been here 30+ fishing, canoeing, camping, guiding......my wife and I have a 2010 Hawk on a F-250, been banging around this site for a long time........nice idea on the thread....

agate
2012 Ford F250 XLT Crew Cab w/2010 Hawk

minobimaadiziwin <Living the Good Life!>

#128 cerve137

cerve137

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:38 AM

Sweet, more fwc folks from the midwest! Appleton area for us. Maybe start a small rally in the north woods? Wonder if Sean from go-anywhere would be up for it.

#129 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:58 PM

Count me in. Will be at Devil's Lake SP 6/3 & 6/4 before heading to the UP, Porcupine MT, Picture Rock, and Tecquemon SP for that week.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Edited by longhorn1, 30 April 2016 - 08:59 PM.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#130 wi_hawk

wi_hawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGB, WI

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:00 PM

Sweet, more fwc folks from the midwest! Appleton area for us. Maybe start a small rally in the north woods? Wonder if Sean from go-anywhere would be up for it.

Great Idea,

There is the Ottawa Lake Rec Area (WI State Park System) close to Sean's place that could handle a gathering.  Sean and Diana do get away now and then.  Could also do it at his place place but there would be a lot of prep work. Wouldn't it be something to see all of his customers over the years be at a GTG at his place.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users