• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 nikonron

nikonron

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • Locationowensboro,ky

Posted 25 December 2016 - 04:48 PM

Replaced my amber LED bulb with a 340 lumen white, it's bright enough for outdoor cooking at the rear of my camper.  Ron

RV Boat LED Light Bulb 340 LUM 120 Degree 1156/1141 8-30v 12 or 24v 5050189   Paid $9.95

#22 2thdr

2thdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Locationwest-east

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:59 PM

Replaced my amber LED bulb with a 340 lumen white, it's bright enough for outdoor cooking at the rear of my camper. Ron

RV Boat LED Light Bulb 340 LUM 120 Degree 1156/1141 8-30v 12 or 24v 5050189 Paid $9.95

Can you make that link work?
Nevermind I was able to find it...Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my XT1254 using Wander The West mobile app

Edited by 2thdr, 27 December 2016 - 09:20 PM.

2019 F-250 SD 6.2L

2019 WolfPack 24pack14+ toyhauler

#23 nikonron

nikonron

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • Locationowensboro,ky

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:56 PM

Just copied that from where I had purchased it on Ebay.  Just search, there are several on there.  Ron

#24 2thdr

2thdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Locationwest-east

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:21 PM

Just copied that from where I had purchased it on Ebay. Just search, there are several on there. Ron

Does the base swivel?

Sent from my XT1254 using Wander The West mobile app

2019 F-250 SD 6.2L

2019 WolfPack 24pack14+ toyhauler

#25 nikonron

nikonron

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • Locationowensboro,ky

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:08 AM

Yes, it does swivel.  Ron

#26 pawleyk

pawleyk

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationReno Nevada

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

So we're  back in Mexico (for a while now) and I tore apart the light the other day. After swapping in the new bulb it was obviously something else. The switch seemed obvious since there was power to it. Shorting around the switch lit up the light, so being on a remote beach in Baja I tore the switch apart and jimmied things around, jammed a piece of plastic inside it and now it seems to work. For now. 

I'm sure I'll end up replacing it, or bypassing the switch entirely. It would be nice to move it inside. Does anyone know where I can get switches like the ones FWC used in the panel near door, just above the floor? We don't have many options so we're only using one of the four places. I'd love to wire some other things into switches, and it would be nice to match the existing ones.

https://www.instagram.com/kp.pawley/

A farm boy and a Chevy truck take a long drive.

KI7AMV

#27 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,612 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:55 PM

So we're  back in Mexico (for a while now) and I tore apart the light the other day. After swapping in the new bulb it was obviously something else. The switch seemed obvious since there was power to it. Shorting around the switch lit up the light, so being on a remote beach in Baja I tore the switch apart and jimmied things around, jammed a piece of plastic inside it and now it seems to work. For now. 

I'm sure I'll end up replacing it, or bypassing the switch entirely. It would be nice to move it inside. Does anyone know where I can get switches like the ones FWC used in the panel near door, just above the floor? We don't have many options so we're only using one of the four places. I'd love to wire some other things into switches, and it would be nice to match the existing ones.

Call FWC service. They will sell you one to go into any empty spots. I bought one a year or so ago that snapped right into any empty slot.

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#28 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:33 AM

From my experience, the porch light failure has to do with the switch.  I've still got some available, free with SAE to WTW members.

http://www.wanderthe...t-repair/page-2

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#29 pawleyk

pawleyk

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationReno Nevada

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:54 AM

From my experience, the porch light failure has to do with the switch.  I've still got some available, free with SAE to WTW members.

http://www.wanderthe...t-repair/page-2

Definitely the switch. I'm in Mexico drifting South, but if I was someplace reliable I'd definitely send you an envelope. Thanks so much for the offer!

https://www.instagram.com/kp.pawley/

A farm boy and a Chevy truck take a long drive.

KI7AMV

#30 muttmaster

muttmaster

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:42 PM

Porch light switch on Grandby puts out short burst of light, then nothing. Tested positive lead to switch and got juice ok. I didn't have any electrical contact cleaner and didn't want to spent $7+ and wait a few days for it. Just used cotton tip soaked with rubbing alcohol to clean to switch contact, and works fine now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users