20 replies to this topic

#11 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:52 PM

There must be some fancy trick to sharing pics. Most pics are rejected when I try to attach and when I insert a link I can see it and it later goes grey... oh well. The pic above may be the only one I ever post.

I believe the most common problem is exceeding the 500K-per-post limit for photos (that's per post, not per photo).  The trick is re-sizing photos so you don't exceed that limit. Unfortunately, resizing works differently on the various operating systems and may not be easy. (If you happen to be on a Mac, you can use Preview | Tools | Adjust Size to do it).    Also- it's a 500K per post limit so you start with another 500K in each new post.

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#12 Mthomas

Mthomas

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNorth Tahoe

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:20 PM

I need to cut the wire to the monitor because it is too long for my camper.
My question is what type of connector it is?
I notice it is not ethernet or telephone connectors.

Don’t cut it, just bundle up the excess

2018 Hawk FD 2016 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD

#13 Norsman

Norsman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:56 PM

I believe the most common problem is exceeding the 500K-per-post limit for photos (that's per post, not per photo).  The trick is re-sizing photos so you don't exceed that limit. Unfortunately, resizing works differently on the various operating systems and may not be easy. (If you happen to be on a Mac, you can use Preview | Tools | Adjust Size to do it).    Also- it's a 500K per post limit so you start with another 500K in each new post.

Thanks. I wouldn't think this would matter if you are linking a photo and not actually attaching it. I'll give it try... here goes.

i-g8K8FKK-L.jpg

Edited by Norsman, 10 May 2019 - 09:01 PM.

#14 Norsman

Norsman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 09:00 PM

Don’t cut it, just bundle up the excess

I did the same, just bundled it up and zip tied it in the battery compartment. It would be nice to find a short one though. I thought of installing the monitor up by the thermostat but thought that would be to hard to take everything apart. I like being able to see it and toggle through the monitor from the door.

#15 Ruck_and_Roll

Ruck_and_Roll

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGrand Junction, Colorado

Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:38 AM

batteryconnectors.jpg Norsman and others,

I just got done installing my monitor and running the connections.  I currently have the 10 ga wire from the FWC install kit and had some length leftover, so I cut a piece off and ran that through the shunt using mis-matched size connector (believe size 6) (picture attached).   Everything works like a dream.   Used the idea of a mounting board that I saw others had done.   I'm pretty new to all of this electrical stuff and am wondering if there is a better way for the battery connections.

What did you use for the wire connectors?  Your negative lead looks pretty heavy duty?  Is that some sort of special connector?

Thanks,

Luke

Thanks. I wouldn't think this would matter if you are linking a photo and not actually attaching it. I'll give it try... here goes.

i-g8K8FKK-L.jpg

2021 Ford XL SuperCrew HD Payload Pkg

2008 FWC Hawk

Western Colorado, USA

Instagram: @lukeyfiasco

#16 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,966 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:07 AM

10g seems a little small... I used 2g for mine, but then I could also support 100A of draw/charge.  What is your max anticipated draw/charge?  What size fuse/breaker are you using?

#17 Ruck_and_Roll

Ruck_and_Roll

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGrand Junction, Colorado

Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:46 PM

Quite frankly, I don't know the anticipated draw/charge.  As far as fuse/breaker, I just have the one from the FWC install kit installed under the hood of my truck. Is there another fuse/breaker or something that I am missing here?  Really quite new to all of the electrical stuff, it has been a great learning experience thus far.

10g seems a little small... I used 2g for mine, but then I could also support 100A of draw/charge.  What is your max anticipated draw/charge?  What size fuse/breaker are you using?

2021 Ford XL SuperCrew HD Payload Pkg

2008 FWC Hawk

Western Colorado, USA

Instagram: @lukeyfiasco

#18 lzpup

lzpup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:00 PM

Great thread! Love the custom panel, I will have to look into something like this. Right now I just have mine in the cabinet and using bluetooth. That cable is super long, Just bundling it up atm.

#19 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,227 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:33 AM

I made a panel that is mounted under the rollover couch.

http://www.wanderthe...v-battery-bank/

http://www.wanderthe...-configuration/

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#20 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,966 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:12 AM

Quite frankly, I don't know the anticipated draw/charge.  As far as fuse/breaker, I just have the one from the FWC install kit installed under the hood of my truck. Is there another fuse/breaker or something that I am missing here?  Really quite new to all of the electrical stuff, it has been a great learning experience thus far.

Charge depends on how drained your batteries are, and what the alternator can put out... i've seen 90A charge before, for a short while.  I think the FWC breaker under the hood is a 30A unit?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Victron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users