Photo
- - - - -

East Coast Trip Part 1, Stockton to Baltimore.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

Well I got a chance to meet Bill and Veronica today when they kindly came by so I could see their awesome camper:)

Bill's handy work looks even better in real life. It is fun to meet folks who you are enjoying on the site. They are so friendly and sharing it makes me even happier I stumbled upon WTW.

Safe travels Bill and Veronica and keep those pictures and stories coming!Bill and Veronica.jpg

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#22 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:56 PM

Thanks Jackie we enjoyed meeting you.

Bill and Veronica

#23 Timothy McGowen

Timothy McGowen

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:37 AM

I think Bill and I must be a lot alike. He too smiles awfully big when he sits in front of a plate of food.

Congratulations to Bill and Veronica with Jennifer's accomplishments. I know being published is a big deal. My own daughter is in her second year on the road to a Phd in biology.

2016 Ford F150 SuperCab 4X4 Lariat 2.7 EcoBoost Engine

2016 FWC Hawk Front Dinette Silver Spur

#24 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:08 AM

I got to see Bills rear bumper at last years sonoma rally. Much as my experience with aluminess wasn't great I'd still like to do that.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#25 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:29 PM

Quick snap shot of gas usage. Red is high Green is low.

Low gas milage was driving to meet Dan at or above speed limit..

med_gallery_1903_342_248914.jpg

#26 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:13 AM

Made Florida today. I may not have my Blog updated until mid April when I get back. Florida not starting good, pouring rain, hit two State parks both full!!  First ranger could not help with options, second ranger gave me a list of private camps to call. Checked AllStays and found a private campground and called. When we told them we had just a small truck camper and did not need hook ups she said good. She said we could save some money staying at another one of their parks only $75.00 for one night!!!! WTF. Using the wifi at the Holiday Inn Express for $79.00

#27 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:41 AM

Made Florida today. I may not have my Blog updated until mid April when I get back. Florida not starting good, pouring rain, hit two State parks both full!!  First ranger could not help with options, second ranger gave me a list of private camps to call. Checked AllStays and found a private campground and called. When we told them we had just a small truck camper and did not need hook ups she said good. She said we could save some money staying at another one of their parks only $75.00 for one night!!!! WTF. Using the wifi at the Holiday Inn Express for $79.00

$4, hot shower and a real bed, no brainer.  Let us know about the Keys.  That is on our radar screen down the road.  Be safe.  jd

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#28 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:22 AM

longhorn, looks like you will need to reserve early to camp on the coast in FL. We are checking tonight on line and not finding much. Will make some call in the morning. Everglades NP looks like they have spots, may have to hit a $200+ motel in Key West.  Going up the east side and the pan handle show openings in SP's

#29 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:05 AM

Spring break is on and the snowbirds haven't headed back north yet, crowded time of year in FL.
Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

#30 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationOn the wrong side of the mountains!

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

The snowbirds are migrating. 2 weeks ago when I went to FL to pick up my camper. All the way down I-95 we saw a class A with a toad(towed car) headed north about every 2-3 minutes on a 12 hour drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users