Advice: Preping new camper

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 cdbrow1

cdbrow1

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:17 PM

Some thoughts from another new owner.....

Allow a lot of time for the walkthrough. Mine took about 2.5 hours - I was assuming 1 hours.  Total install was from 11:00 to 4:30pm. Most of it is just lawyer CYA stuff, but they will not let you skip any of it. 

The water system does need to be sanitized before use - just use water bottles it is alot easier. 

As others have said the fridge will drain your batteries pretty quick. Good plan to use icebox. 

The new propane tanks that come with the camper will need to be PURGED - not just filled. Plan to go a an actual propane dealer or RV store (there is a Camping World in Vacaville) that will do a PURGE before they are filled. The tanks a filled with air and need to pumped out to vacuum before they are filled to work properly. If they are not purged before they are filled they will likely still work, but they can cut off unexpectedly. See  - http://home.earthlin...ylike/id45.html

Edited by cdbrow1, 30 March 2015 - 05:21 PM.

#22 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:11 PM

Hmmm, I think my walkthrough was more half an hour but I was ready to hop in and go. Not sure how long they "wanted" to take :)

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#23 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:21 PM

Allow a lot of time for the walkthrough. Mine took about 2.5 hours - I was assuming 1 hours.  Total install was from 11:00 to 4:30pm. Most of it is just lawyer CYA stuff, but they will not let you skip any of it. 

The water system does need to be sanitized before use - just use water bottles it is alot easier. 

As others have said the fridge will drain your batteries pretty quick. Good plan to use icebox. 

The new propane tanks that come with the camper will need to be PURGED - not just filled. Plan to go a an actual propane dealer or RV store (there is a Camping World in Vacaville) that will do a PURGE before they are filled. The tanks a filled with air and need to pumped out to vacuum before they are filled to work properly. If they are not purged before they are filled they will likely still work, but they can cut off unexpectedly. See  - http://home.earthlin...ylike/id45.html

That is very good info. Thanks!

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#24 super doody

super doody

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSan Mateo Coast

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:49 AM

Thanks for the info. I figured it would be a couple of hrs. 11:00 to 4:30 pm is 5 1/2 hrs. Is there a typo?

2003 Tacoma 4X4 - 2007 FWC Eagle shell

2006 Tundra Double Cab - 2015 Hawk - side dinette, silver spur interior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users