• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Occidental

Occidental

• Members
  • 366 posts
  • LocationHome is where you park it

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:14 AM

I didn't worry about insurance much with the old camper, but now that we have a newer more expensive one I called to check about adding it (or seeing if it was already covered).  It's interesting because I see a lot of you have coverage through Progressive (multiple threads including this one).  I was told that not only will Progressive no longer cover truck campers, but they will no longer insure my truck with a camper mounted on it.  Apparently this is a newer stance for Progressive.  So that ends a 13 year relationship pretty quickly.  I am wondering if any of you that have Progressive have been notified of a change?  I would have preferred to stick with them if nothing else, for my long term discount. 

2020 Ford Ranger, 2012 Eagle

http://www.occidentalist.org

#32 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:54 AM

Very interesting. Our ATC camper is insured with Progressive. We renewed again for a year back toward the end of 2018. We insure our vehicles through a different company.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#33 larryqp

larryqp

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationFull-time RVer, anywhere USA

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:42 PM

I'm using National General thru Good Sam, for my Truck, Car, Motorhome and FWC Eagle, with a TX domicile. I few years ago my previous insurer canceled all RV coverage in TX. I seems everything is dependent on the state in which you are domiciled. I'd check out Good Sam, even if your not a member, then if you save money you can just join. Also, if you are a geezer, check out AARP.

2016 F150, FX4, XLT super cab

2019 FWC Hawk Shell

2009 Ford Ranger 4x4, XLT, Supercab total loss on 7/30/19

2014 FWC Shell total loss on 7/30/19

Towed behind our home which is a 2005 Kountry Star Diesel Pusher

#34 MountainSufi

MountainSufi

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:58 PM

State Farm here in Wyoming just wanted to know it's a slide-in camper, Make, Model, Year made, Serial #. No charge.

Jackson Hole, Wyoming
2012 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Long Bed
2017 Fleet FWC, Side Dinette (Purchased from Rocky Mt. FWC)

"We're all in this together"--The Red Green Show

#35 makalutoo

makalutoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:41 PM

I didn't worry about insurance much with the old camper, but now that we have a newer more expensive one I called to check about adding it (or seeing if it was already covered).  It's interesting because I see a lot of you have coverage through Progressive (multiple threads including this one).  I was told that not only will Progressive no longer cover truck campers, but they will no longer insure my truck with a camper mounted on it.  Apparently this is a newer stance for Progressive.  So that ends a 13 year relationship pretty quickly.  I am wondering if any of you that have Progressive have been notified of a change?  I would have preferred to stick with them if nothing else, for my long term discount. 

This is interesting.  I got a new policy with progressive that started March, 11th this year.  I also got a quote with gieco, progressive was a shade more expensive but they offer better payout for claims. Progressive was replacement cost for 4 years then the invoice cost, geico was actual cash value.  Maybe it is different depending on which state you are located in.

#36 Optimistic Paranoid

Optimistic Paranoid

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:45 AM

Maybe it is different depending on which state you are located in.

It absolutely is different in different states.  Each state has their own Insurance Commission, which mandate the kinds of coverage and sets the rates for the policies in that state.

Regards

John

Rule #1 For Wandering The West: DON'T FEED THE VULTURES!

I Don't Like To Make Plans.  They Cause The Word "Premeditated" To Get Used In Court.

My Body Is A Temple!  Ancient, Falling Apart, Probably Cursed . . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users