112 replies to this topic

#51 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,300 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:56 PM

Just had the chance to check your rebuild.

Very nice work. I like the looks of the interior.

The floor really makes the job,IMO. I also used some leftover laminate

on mine and it makes the interior look like nice.

Keep up the nice work.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#52 mitch h

mitch h

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Locationbrazil,in.

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:44 AM

thanks for the reply. I don,t have to attach any thing to the walls. I am just putting in storage off the floor pack. Probly just us a glue for the finish paneling. Your rebuild is coming along great. Enjoy.  Mitch

#53 Colorado CJ

Colorado CJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:05 AM

Thanks Guys!

I did some more work to the camper the past couple of days.

First, I finished up the cabinet area that covers the water tank and heater.  I then sprayed bedliner on the counter top and on top of the area where the Engel Fridge will sit.

camper-build-57_zpsf2gswiof.jpg

I then built the seat bases using some 3/4" ply.  I stayed with what I planned for the layout.  So, I'll have a dinette area at the front of the camper and a bench seat down the passenger side.  Both will turn into beds if I need the extra sleeping area.

camper-build-58_zpss0ypxjbv.jpg

I then built the slide out bed portion of the cabover.  I used 3/4" Birch ply for the bed itself and faced the front with a 1" x 3" oak plank to strengthen up the front area so it won't bend over time.

I used 1" x 3" Poplar to make the side supports and screwed them into the aluminum frame.  It works great and I now have a double sized bed when it is slid out.

Retracted.

camper-build-55_zpsnbh1fopf.jpg

And slide out.

camper-build-56_zpsun7pgogp.jpg

I still have a lot of work to do, but it is really starting to feel like a camper!

Next on the list is to make a drawer and the cabinet doors.  I also need to cut out some ply for the bottom of all the cushions.  I think I can talk my Mom into sewing all the cushion covers (hopefully!).  Then I'll sand down and paint all the cabinets and seat bases.

After all that is done, the inside will be near complete and I can work on filling all the little dings to the outside and painting it.

Getting closer and closer to completing this build.  Can't wait to get it finished and set on my truck for some camping!

camper-build-54_zps2at6dt1f.jpg

#54 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,604 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:27 AM

Looking good!   What lenses are you using.   I see one on the bench, and you've got to have something pretty wide for a few of those shots.

I am haunted by waters

#55 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,604 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:36 AM

Andrew, very cool! I'm going to move the photos post over to the landscape thread, right after I apologize for taking us off topic. Wonderful photography!

Edit:  Well, I will right after I figure out how to do it...  :unsure:  OK, I found part of it, and MarkBC gave me the missing information.   Post moved to Landscape.

Thanks Mark!!

I am haunted by waters

#56 Colorado CJ

Colorado CJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:59 AM

Not a problem, I don't mind a little off topic talk ;)

#57 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:06 AM

What a great thread! So much talent here:) Great work, great pics and lots of ideas to steal :)

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#58 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:04 AM

Yeah, really nice project! Looking forward to seeing the next steps and the finished product (as I know you are too).

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#59 JacintoKid

JacintoKid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:15 PM

Fantastic work. Can't wait to see the final result. A lot of you guys have some serious fabrication skills

#60 WyomingJames

WyomingJames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:23 AM

Colorado, I've really enjoyed your post of your build. As you can tell I am a newbie to All this. I stumbled across a 1983 FWC Keystone the middle of April and have picked up a ton of information to allow me to narrow the floor pack , rebuild lift panels and more. Can't wait to see your final results. It is looking great. Keep up the great work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users