trips Utah

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Bat

Bat

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:04 PM

I am a new to this forum and I see alot of you have been traveling to Utah.I just think the pictures are great and I want to go but but I am not sure my truck would make it on the switchbacks on the White rim trail. I also have been wondering on selling the shell and buying a used Grandby. Do they seem to hold up through the years and any specific thing I should look out for thanks for any info.
Doug

Attached Thumbnails

• truck 00010 (Small).JPG

#2 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:33 PM

You may want to search the TOW MISSLE on this site, a Granby will be a great replacement for that shell, my Snug Top has been sitting on saw horses for about two years. Welcome to the site, I've been putting up with these Cummins drivers alone long enough.

#3 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:34 AM

Hey Fish,

Maybe there's a reason there's so many Cummins on here :)
I'd hate to admit it in publc, but that is a good looking Ford.. Will look even better with the Grandby.

Going to be in you neighborhood, leaving in the morning for Usal beach.
Weather prognosticator is saying around 80..Should be great.

DR

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#4 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:46 AM

It's 6:45 at my house right now 97, won't be that hot where you're going though. I'll be at the Cove tomorrow much cooler there.

#5 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:37 AM

Well Said DeltaDude. Gotta love those inline unbreakable sixes.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#6 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:58 AM

But if I was buying an engine I would buy the Cummins, I was in the market for the whole truck, if you go to where trucks work stats. will tell what you will find. If you go to a sled pull, all Dodges.

#7 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

Welcome to the forum Doug.
I think your truck will have no problem on the WRT. At http://RV.net a couple of people ran it with F250's and Outfitter campers, They didn't have any problems due to the long wheel base. Go to the forum and search White Rim Trail in the truck camper section. If you have a spotter it will be a piece of cake. And if you are alone nobody will see you making a ten point turn, so I say go for it!

These campers hold up really well. There are some old ones with the tan canvas still going strong. Guys on this forum take them all over Baja and Gary and Monica Wescott took one across Siberia. Check out http://turtleexpedition.com

Also you may want to check out http://expeditionportal.com They have some good info on the WRT.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mike

#8 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

I agree with Mike and he has a Ram TOO!!!

Mike I'll see you at the tractor pull.

Salty,
I should get my friends Gene and John on here to discuss their 2005 & 2006 Fords. Ford bought both back per CA lemon law. Both now drive Rams. I will say this Ford is very responsive to customer complaints. Even my brother-in-laws non warranty stuff gets fixed for free. Of course its in the dealership twice a month. Little stuff; starter falling out on the freeway, radiator collapsing, electronics and all that engine trouble.

Makes you want to go out and buy a VOLVO.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#9 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:34 PM

It was late and I was tired, what the F*%k was I thinking. Now for the next week or two what will I be hearing? If you want to buy a Volvo Ford will sell you the whole company. I have 20 feet of 3/4"chain I will meet any Dodge on the forum, chain em' up hitch to hitch. Ten feet of foward progress wins 500.00. I need the money. You first Mr. Pueblo

#10 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:55 PM

Just saw this article at http://truckcampermagazine.com . A group of Hallmark campers in the Moab area. They had Chevy's, Dodge's and Ford's. Sorry no Toyota's. Not that there is any thing wrong with Toyota's

Cheers,

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users