• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:04 PM

Mike, I think those are all 3/4 ton or above in that article. Toyota only makes 1/2 tons, but I dare you to compare the domestic 1/2 tons to the new Tundra. I'll take "The Fisherman Challenge" in the 1/2 ton class any day! :eek:
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#12 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

Yo YO Yo Salty,
Now whos talking tractor pull?

I totally understand about you wanting to have it both ways. I always wanted a Unimog.

Attached Thumbnails

• mb_unimog_416_PretoriaSA.jpg

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#13 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

Brett, I agree with you on Toyota's. The reason I don't have a 3/4 ton diesel 4X4 long bed x-tra cab Toyota is because they don't make one. I was trying to be funny. That's hard to pull off on the internet because one can't type tone of voice. I was also trying to stay focused on Bat's O/P about wheel base and pop-up campers and Utah. Not that there's any thing wrong with Utah. (There I go again!) Some body stop me before I post again.;)

Cheers,

Mike

#14 kbennett2000

kbennett2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:19 PM

Bat - Nice rig! :thumb:

Any more pictures? What all have you done to it?
-Kris

'06 Cummins 2500 Quad-Cab (the 'Psychobilly Cadillac') - Some big tires, a teeny bit more power, a whole mess of parts that jumped on board and a few that disappeared...

No FWC yet, just one heavily-used Truck Tent

#15 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

Going shark fishing, will be using a wet suit and surf board for bait, hope I don't get any bites. I expect to find a line of Dodges in my driveway when I get home. Mr. Pueblo I expect you to be at the front of the line. No swagger, I put my money where my mouth is.

#16 lqhikers

lqhikers

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • Locationla quinta calif

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

If you "Old" mouthy kids really want to compare your "tough Trucks" you ought to find a good truck/tractor pull contest and hook your self up to a sled then you can puff your chest out if you win!! But i am sure some high horse power chevy will out do you both!!
(yes i am trying to be funny so don't dump on me to bad)
Off topic for Jay what type of Kayak are you looking at? We have a double Hobie
mirage, have had it for 3+years and have never had a better multi purpose yak (fishing,exploring,putting in distance with out killing you and your other half )Started out with seda yaks in the 70's so have lots of yak use.
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les Lqhikers

#17 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:18 PM

Salty,
Typing while driving. Be there tonight.

Les,
I love the Hobie but I just dont want to spend that much. I'm currently thinking Cobra. We had Ocean kayaks when we were at the beach. One got ripped off by those nasty Nardians at Vintage Marina. Gave the other one to a buddy.

We had talked tandem for a long time. We ride a Santana tandem. If you can do the Rosarita Ensenada ride with your wife on a tandem theres a good chance you'll stay married.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#18 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:26 PM

BatMan,
You will have no trouble with your truck in Utah go out and enjoy.

Pam and I are going to head up to either Roosevelt Dam or Lake San Carlos midweek next for a few days. I love that I can drive a couple of hours from here and be in the middle of nowhere. We might take a side trip to the Aravaipa Canyon and the Aravaipa Wilderness Area.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#19 lqhikers

lqhikers

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • Locationla quinta calif

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:56 PM

Jay you brought back old doings,we did the Rosarita/Ensenada ride long ago and the t.j. to Rosarita Run,back when you could trust the border area!
With the weather getting warm its time to get on the water so thats why we are getting ready to hit the mtn. lakes soon.(hobies do show up on craigslist often at good prices)
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les Lqhikers

#20 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:56 PM

Don't worry, Mike, I was just joshing around too! FYI, Toyo is coming out with a Tundra HD DIESEL in late '09. Might be worth the wait.:thumb:
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users